PDA

View Full Version : bad wd 74 gig hard drive.

rage10
04-27-06, 07:35 PM
I herd a certen 74 gig wd is bad.I will post the model when IF I find it.

3 of 4 of some ones drives failed due to the fact that the heads fell off and ruend the platter.
THIS IS A RUMOR WESTERN DIGITL IS A GRATE COMPONY I WILL POST IF I AM WRONG.

Roadhog
04-27-06, 07:54 PM
GrAmAeerrr

saturnotaku
04-27-06, 09:19 PM
THIS IS A RUMOR WESTERN DIGITL IS A GRATE COMPONY I WILL POST IF I AM WRONG.

No, Western Digital is a hard drive company.

Q
04-27-06, 10:10 PM

I thought they just remastered old western films.... (nana2)

einstein_314
04-28-06, 12:00 AM
Did I miss something?!? I've never had a problem with a WD drive. Now Maxtor...there's a company to stay away from...

BashfulTux
04-28-06, 12:32 AM
Did I miss something?!? I've never had a problem with a WD drive. Now Maxtor...there's a company to stay away from...

Apparently I have had two WD die on me in the last year within 6 months of purchase whereas the only Maxtor that has died lasted a good 6 years of constant use. WD is good with the replacement though just call to get a RMA and they send the drive right out to you if you give them your credit card number for the advance shipping.

nutball
04-28-06, 02:48 AM
Hehe, I love these threads about HD reliability. They contain:

- small number statistics (because *everyone* whose drive dies posts in the same thread, right?)
- biased sampling (how often do you see threads entitled "My hard-drive didn't die today"?)
- brand loyalty/bias/self-image protection (you don't want to look like a chump for buying brand X now do you?)
- conclusions drawn by folks with no real experience and/or training in dealing with such data and it's obvious "issues"

Riptide
04-28-06, 08:31 AM
Maxtor was bought out by seagate. So if you're going to stay away from one you should probably stay away from the other.

ViN86
04-28-06, 10:34 AM
Hehe, I love these threads about HD reliability. They contain:

- small number statistics (because *everyone* whose drive dies posts in the same thread, right?)
- biased sampling (how often do you see threads entitled "My hard-drive didn't die today"?)
- brand loyalty/bias/self-image protection (you don't want to look like a chump for buying brand X now do you?)
- conclusions drawn by folks with no real experience and/or training in dealing with such data and it's obvious "issues"
hahahaha so true.

btw, my raptor runs fine (*knocks on wood*). dont assume theyre all crap because someone else's dies.

mullet
04-28-06, 10:37 AM
I thought they just remastered old western films.... (nana2)

I think Hang Em High with Clint Eastwood was filmed by Western Digital wasn't it? haha

rage10
04-28-06, 12:51 PM
:rofl :udawg: