PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. Won't Update?!

|MaguS|
04-28-06, 08:36 AM
Theres the new patch out and it wont let me install it, I keep getting an error that F.E.A.R. isn't installed yet I got the notice about the patch and the patch itself through the game...

Anyone ever get this issue?

grey_1
04-28-06, 10:23 AM
yep, I had to do a fresh install of fear, then auto update. when I had the 1st patch installed already=headaches.

nippyjun
04-28-06, 03:40 PM
Does the patch get rid of the cd check?

grey_1
04-28-06, 03:59 PM
Does the patch get rid of the cd check?

Maybe my bad here, didn't realize 1.04 was out.

Magus - if your referring to 1.03, then my post is o.k.

nippyjun - 1.03 doesn't get rid of it, don't know about 04.

|MaguS|
04-29-06, 07:18 AM
The 1.04 wont install. Keeps giving me an error stating that F.E.A.R. isn't installed even though it is.

Peoples-Agent
04-29-06, 07:29 AM
Do you have Fear installed onto Drive C: ?

According to VU peeps, that's what causes that problem ...or one reason for it anyway.

|MaguS|
04-29-06, 07:32 AM
Ok. Issue fixed. For some reason windows considered the game "not installed", I couldn't even use the uninstaller in the directory or Add/Remove Programs. Had to force an install through the setup.exe on the disc and then patch....

Peoples-Agent
04-29-06, 09:09 AM
Ok. Issue fixed. For some reason windows considered the game "not installed", I couldn't even use the uninstaller in the directory or Add/Remove Programs. Had to force an install through the setup.exe on the disc and then patch....

I hate it when that happens, nasty registry screw up.

Not sure what causes those. hmmmm

|MaguS|
04-29-06, 09:18 AM
Yeah. Seems that its happened to alot of other applications I had installed, both the HOMM and Ghost Recon Demo's wouldn't uninstall... had to manually remove them and the registry entries.