PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help: Plasma T.V and XBox 360 burnt screen

sandeep
04-28-06, 08:55 AM
My friend has 50" plasma screen + XBox 360 and is very concerned if XBox 360 will burn the screen. So I need some advise if he can use the Plasma Screen for gaming on XBox???? The screen is expensive and he doesn't want to ruin it. So I NEED YOUR OPINION PLEASE!!! This is an immediate concern.

Also, if he buys those 19" wide screen, will the XBox 360 work perfectly at that resolution???? I meant the image won't be distorted or out of sync. etc

Thanks
Sandeep

|MaguS|
04-28-06, 09:18 AM
All consoles are safe to use on plasma TVs as long as you don't leave a static image on it... that basically goes for anything on plasma or projection TVs.

sandeep
04-28-06, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the reply....

Well will XBox work on 19" Wide screen LCDs should he decide to buy one???

Cheers

|MaguS|
04-28-06, 09:21 AM
Yes, but make sure to buy the VGA Cable for the system. Some LCD Monitors don't make it look good over component.

PikachuMan
04-28-06, 01:36 PM
All consoles are safe to use on plasma TVs as long as you don't leave a static image on it... that basically goes for anything on plasma or projection TVs.

Don't get freaked out if you see a "ghost" image after playing, it's usually temporary and will go away after an hour or two. Once the TV has gone through it's initial "break in" period, burn-in shouldn't be an issue.

evilghost
04-28-06, 01:45 PM
Don't get freaked out if you see a "ghost" image after playing, it's usually temporary and will go away after an hour or two. Once the TV has gone through it's initial "break in" period, burn-in shouldn't be an issue.

I'll second this as well. I own a 42" Phillips Plasma and used to game Halo/Halo 2 for hours. The HUD would create a ghosted image that would go away almost 15 minutes of watching normal TV.

Rakeesh
04-28-06, 03:38 PM
It's still possible for games with a static HUD to give it burn in. AFAIK plasmas burn in easier than CRTs do.

evilchris
04-28-06, 05:52 PM
LCoS, DLP, and LCD RPTV are all projection televisions with zero burnin possibility. The only projection TV that can burnin is CRT RPTV.