PDA

View Full Version : $20 bucks for BF2 at staples

stjuart
04-28-06, 01:56 PM
i just went there to buy some sharpies and they had it and other games on clearance for twenty bucks so i just bought it on impulse. it the cd rom version though, here is a question , if i download the dvd version to use as the installer would that be illigal. and dice has to learn to make patches smaller than some full sized games.

Edge
04-28-06, 06:51 PM
I think it's technically illegal to download the DVD version if you only have the CD version, but noone is really going to care, so it doesn't matter much. A quicker option, however, is to copy all the data from the CDs (starting with the last one and then working your way back, overwriting all files with the same name) and then burn a DVD yourself. That's what I usually do for all my CD games that I want on DVD, and it works pretty well (I usually throw on the latest patch and any mods as well so that I have them all in a single place).

stjuart
04-29-06, 10:22 AM
good advice, thanks i new about the make your own dvd thing, but i thought it was going to be a long and difficult process. i have the same problem with farcry all 5 cd wich take a half hour to install. if there ever was a game that needed to be on dvd its farcry and Balder gate2

de><ta
04-29-06, 02:05 PM
I have had to install BF2 atleast 14 times by now. And a DVD makes life a bit more easier. Pity my Staples sucks and doesnt have BF2 for such a low price. Need to drive around and see.

stjuart
04-29-06, 02:17 PM
dont bother , your gas price will even out the low price of the game. now days if you live near a retail outlet its a good thing, if your far away defeats the purpose of a sale.