PDA

View Full Version : LTB-USB-M 5.1 Headphone Review

SH64
04-29-06, 12:13 AM
Found this cool review & thought to share it with you guys.

since i cant get a fully functional 5.1 system to work in my room , i think this might be the best solution!

http://www.avault.com/hardware/getreview.asp?review=ltbusbm

Surround sound gaming has been around for years for those who have the space and can afford a speaker system to emerge themselves in sound. Many companies have tried to emulate the effects of 5.1 surround sound in headphones but the results have been mixed from good to terrible. Most of these products use virtual surround sound with Dolby Headphones or SRS, while the technology is at best good, true surround sound uses different drivers for each speaker and is very difficult to mimic with just two speakers.

Today will be looking at a product from LTB, Listen to Believe, called the LTB-USB-M. They makes several products from 2.4 GHz wireless headphones to our test unit, 5.1 surround gaming headphones. The LTB-USB-M system does not virtually do anything; everything is reproduced using six speakers and not just two. This should allow us to hear sounds coming from multiple directions in games and give us the opportunity to tell where an opponent is located, or firing from.