PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose plz.

os008
04-29-06, 02:46 AM
Hi all,
I want to buy 2 "online" games, i like MMoRPGs and FPS, don't want to pay a monthly subscription, here's what i have in mind ...

Counter Strike: Source, + DoD: S, + HL2: DM for 30$ all
Guild Wars: Factions for 50$

i want a game in each category, r these the best, or r there any other i should consider, thanks.

aAv7
04-29-06, 09:50 AM
i say guild wars cause its the only mmorpg out there not raping you monthly with charges to play a game you already paid $50 for.

Sazar
04-29-06, 10:45 AM
The CS:S pack is excellent for FPS as is BF2. Just depends on your kind of play preference.

CS:S, you either love or you hate.

You can also dl and play Enemy Territory for free. It's a pretty decent little game based off of the RTCW series.

SDinc
04-29-06, 11:51 AM
Don't forget the original Guild Wars as well. Factions is a little more oriented to PvP than the original Guild Wars. If you like cooperative RPG and prefer PvE then the original GW should be on the list too.

os008
04-29-06, 12:16 PM
Don't forget the original Guild Wars as well. Factions is a little more oriented to PvP than the original Guild Wars. If you like cooperative RPG and prefer PvE then the original GW should be on the list too.
My friend gave me the original to play for 2 months, i finished everything in it, time for a new buy now :)

de><ta
04-29-06, 01:02 PM
Or you could give Oblivion a stab in the dark.

os008
04-29-06, 01:08 PM
Or you could give Oblivion a stab in the dark.
is it online?

de><ta
04-29-06, 01:16 PM
No, but it does simulate that immersiveness of MMoRPG's without the annoyances. Its a first person and a RPG and if you have a decent computer its a game worth having.

My recommendations for FPS games would be BF2, AA, ET or CSS.
Dont play MMoRPG's any more, so I wouldnt know.

ClosetFanBoy
04-29-06, 11:43 PM
i would say bf2. get some buds together on voice and its a freaking riot. Source has a nice lil package, but i would trade that in for the heli's and jets of bf2. whatever you pick have a blast. mp rules.

os008
04-30-06, 03:07 AM
i would say bf2. get some buds together on voice and its a freaking riot. Source has a nice lil package, but i would trade that in for the heli's and jets of bf2. whatever you pick have a blast. mp rules.
I used to play CSS at my friend's house the past whole year, but he's abroad now, so i want to buy it for myself, i love it of course, sometimes i played it 24 hours straight, not joking :D

I also played Guild Wars for the past 3 months, but the same problem with my friend, he's not here now to play it with him, i like the new improvements in Factions a LOT, i used to think "what if they add ....", and they added a lot of what i thought, so it's a buy for me for sure.

I tried the demo of BF2, to tell u the truth, i got bored with it very fast, i couldn't co-ordinate with people cause everyone wanted to do what's on his mind without teamplay, so it was boring for that, though ... i will get it in a month or so and join a Clan, maybe then we can play as a team.

As for other games like Vanguard, WoW and such, i will never pay a monthly fee for a game, so they r out of the question for me, BUT, i heard that Vanguard is VERY good, so i might consider it if it has Guild Wars GFX, Story and loot system, and DOES NOT have WoW's stupid travel system, if so, i would gladly pay for it monthly.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Mr_LoL
04-30-06, 12:38 PM
I would say Counter strike source and Battlefield 2. i am only just beginning to understand how battlefield 2 works. Its a great game. Also try try call of duty 1&2.