PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer Gen: LCD crash, HELP!

JediKnight
04-30-06, 04:12 PM
OK, once again I need your help. I just installed C&C: Generals and put all the details and resolution to the max (have 7800 GS CO). Even before I can launch the game, my monitor turns off. I tried setting the resolution a little lower and same thing. It cant be my new VX922. Any ideas? thanks

Aphot
04-30-06, 06:09 PM
Did you connect the power cable to it?

JediKnight
04-30-06, 08:00 PM
Did I connect the power cable? I can play all my other games HL2, CoD2, Battlefield 2, etc, this is the first game this is happening to. Im at a loss here.

Nitz Walsh
05-01-06, 10:06 AM
Is your computer turned on? :)

For an experiment I would apply coolbits+ and force the "Refresh Rate Override" to the res you want to play at, and ensure the refresh setting is not above what your LCD can handle. The game may be trying to play the game at a refresh rate beyond what your LCD can handle and forcing it to automatically shut off.

JediKnight
05-01-06, 02:15 PM
Obviously its turned on:) thanks. If I do use coolbits, will forcing the native 60Hz refresh rate to higher, damage the LCD or is that ok? thanks again.(nana2)

betterdan
05-01-06, 02:52 PM
Did you pay the electricity bill?
kidding
Do you have a refresh over rider program running? I have had that same problem with a couple of games before (Battlefield, Halo, The Matrix) and I had to revert back to the original monitor driver because the games wanted to go to 60hz but my modified monitor inf didn't list 60hz as an option. I hope this makes sense.

JediKnight
05-01-06, 09:34 PM
No such program running. I just got the LCD and installed the driver, thats it. All my games work fine except this one. Now I just want to know if refresh override will damage my hardware.

The Boatman
05-02-06, 10:12 AM
Have you added 1280x960 as a custom resolution in Forceware, at both 60 and 75 HZ ?