PDA

View Full Version : 7800 GT - Coolbits Wrong Default Core/Mem

Kaguya
04-30-06, 06:47 PM
I've decided I no longer want to overclock my video cards because as I age I'm leaning more toward computer 'stablity' than 'rock bottom speeds' :p

Anyhow, for some reason my computer seems to think that my Default speed is my Overclocked speed... this has been for a couple driver installs now. So I actually have to use Coolbits to Underclock my system to default speed.

Is there a place in the registry where the default clock speed is? Or is it stored somewhere inside the card?

Superfly
05-01-06, 03:01 AM
its stored on the cards bios.

Kaguya
05-01-06, 11:31 AM
its stored on the cards bios.

Weird. I wonder what happened then? nTune confirmed that my default speed is now my overclocked speed. Thanks.

liam256
06-06-06, 06:07 AM
Hello,

I also have 2 7800GT's running in SLI mode and am suffering with the same problem as this except the core/mem settings that are set when I select 'No Overclocking' are the frequencies that are selected when I use the 'Detect Optimal Frequencies' option these speeds are far too high so I am having to use Manual Overclocking to underclock my cards to the correct default frequencies.

I'm sure this is a Forceware or some other software problem as NvHardPage, Coolbits and Rivatuner all suffer with this and also when I check my cards clock speeds using NVIDIA BIOS Editor it shows the correct defaults.

I have used Driver Cleaner Pro to uninstall and reinstall but this makes no difference.

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks
Liam

Superfly
06-06-06, 06:15 AM
what driver versions are you guys running..?

liam256
06-06-06, 11:02 AM
Forceware 84.21

Kaguya
06-09-06, 11:39 AM
I'm now using the 91.31's, but I just left the settings at 470/1100 since it's not too hot for my cards and I don't even apply coolbits anymore... it's all done for me.

liam256
06-13-06, 09:44 AM
Mine is defaulting to 496/1370 which is far too high, any help would be appreciated.

liam256
06-13-06, 02:01 PM
I have managed to fix this.

There is a setting in my BIOS called 'Robust Graphics Booster' if you set it to Turbo or Fast it alters the default clock speeds. If set to Auto they remain normal.

Liam