PDA

View Full Version : weird noise from graphics card?

kam03
04-30-06, 09:15 PM
I'm getting this weird noise from the graphics card when i run 3D graphics. I think its coming from the 2nd graphics card. Any one know what this noise is? electric noise?. The Noise started to appear when i got my 2nd graphics card. I specially hear it on the loading screen on 3d mark benchmarks. Is there any way to remove this electric noise?

Thanks

rage10
05-01-06, 05:00 PM
could the noise be comming from the fan?

and by the way, welcome to NVNEWS

DJB
05-01-06, 08:22 PM
super high pitched electric whine/squeal?

DJB

MikeC
05-01-06, 08:30 PM
Are you getting the noise from the cards in your sig or ATI cards?

Peoples-Agent
05-01-06, 08:31 PM
Are you getting the noise from the cards in your sig or ATI cards?

Very good question, the latter would offer an instant answer. :)

kam03
05-02-06, 07:47 AM
super high pitched electric whine/squeal?

DJB

yes, high pitched electric whine/squeal noise but only on 3D mark 05/06 loading screen, when the 3D demo starts the is no noise, so im only getting it on the 2D loading screen but the noise only appears twice, once at the start, the other at the end of the loading screen for a split second.

I have tested it when playing css, fear, oblivion. I don’t hear this noise, even on the loading screen. Its weird i only hear this high pitched squeal noise on the loading screen on 3d mark 05/06.

The noise is coming from my setup, spec on sig.

kam03
05-02-06, 08:04 PM
bump

DJB
05-02-06, 08:11 PM
I have the same noise on startup with my wifes computer on a 6800GT. It is not fan noise, but some weird electronic shriek/whine that goes away once Windows boots. I never have figured it out, but we life with it since her hardware is stable.

DJB

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 01:46 PM
If the noise starts whenever you press the power button then it's probably something inside the case... just kidding I have no clue. good luck with it though.