PDA

View Full Version : The Peglink Option

The Bigman
05-01-06, 12:07 AM
I found out from an Nvidia Employee friend of mine that the peglink option isn't for Nvidia, its for ATI cards. Wow and i was wondering why setting this to faster in bios had rebooting effects on my system.

I was thinking this was for sli and that it would a hard setting before the CP settings in windows.

Maybe he's wrong but i don't know. Anyway it states in a thread i read that if i do enable this option im supose to set sli to auto in the rendering area of the Forceware CPL.

Any truth to that, feel free to reply.

Thanks.

FraGTastiK
05-01-06, 04:56 AM
I found out from an Nvidia Employee friend of mine that the peglink option isn't for Nvidia, its for ATI cards. Wow and i was wondering why setting this to faster in bios had rebooting effects on my system.

I was thinking this was for sli and that it would a hard setting before the CP settings in windows.

Maybe he's wrong but i don't know. Anyway it states in a thread i read that if i do enable this option im supose to set sli to auto in the rendering area of the Forceware CPL.

Any truth to that, feel free to reply.

Thanks.

So many unheard facts. Well I'm not gonna go through them most of them seem wrong.

But I can help you with what I know about PEG Link. As far as I know its an option in ASUS SLI boards and its job is to try to overclock your graphics cards within the bios itself when youre playing 3D games without using any tweaks in Windows. Although its actual added performance is minimal.

Some people have issues with PEG link on and some dont. If you find yourself having issues in 3D games one thing you can do is set PEG option to Disabled (if available) or slow to make it quit Overclocking your Graphics Cards. Also its obvious that using PEG Link to Overclock your cards and doing the same thing in Windows will get you in trouble.

Head over here for more info.

http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=248&pgno=0