PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking

Bearclaw
05-01-06, 12:24 AM
I am interested in overclocking my computer. How exactly would I go about doing so?

|MaguS|
05-01-06, 12:52 AM
First you need to make sure your PC is outfited with proper cooling and components. Make sure your CPU has good cooling (usually stock CPU coolers are not good enough to achieve decent speeds) and make sure you have a decent PSU and RAM.

I don't know anything about your PSU or even RAM. I never heard of either Manufacturers.

john19055
05-02-06, 11:17 PM
If you are wanting to overclock your A64 3200 and you have a decent heatsink or watch your tempertures when overclocking ,then you would want to increase your cpu voltage to 1.5v and you would want to set your HT to
3x and set your memory divider to 166(333) then increase your cpu to 210 and if it boots up and ever thing is fine after running some benchmarks then go back in your BIOs and increase it to 220 and see if it will boot to windows and run a few benchmarks to see if it is stable,and repeat steps untill it want boot into windows or it want run your bench marks and get blue sceens or the benchmark starts dropping out and going back to windows,you can increase the cpu voltage some more ,but IMO I would'nt go higher then 1.55v.Plus if you find yourself in a situation where it want boot at all in windows because you may have went to high ,then just reset your CMOS and it will be back to defaults.Plus you can set your multipler to 9 and go from there ,sometime you get better overclocks by lowering the multipler.

einstein_314
05-02-06, 11:27 PM
I'd recommend giving this guide (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049)a read. It's geared towards DFI motherboards but it explains everything you need to know about overclocking an A64. Just ignore the DFI specific stuff.