PDA

View Full Version : Core vs K8

MUYA
05-01-06, 05:58 AM
Another good technical read of the differences of the Core and K8 architecture at anandtech;

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2748

retsam
05-01-06, 06:12 AM
i saw this before, very good read indead.

MUYA
05-01-06, 06:18 AM
U sure mate? its dated for today ;)

betterdan
05-01-06, 06:25 AM
Maybe he's a speed reader. ;)

retsam
05-01-06, 06:30 AM
ya i ment that i started to read it when anand first posted (im bored at work and have absolutly nothing to do but to sit here and surf the web)it like an hour ago..hahah i did make it sound like i read it another day.... working nights tend to make my brain none communicative..

MUYA
05-01-06, 06:31 AM
Ah yes I forgot you works night shifts....you vampire you.

retsam
05-01-06, 06:35 AM
Ah yes I forgot you works night shifts....you vampire you.
i want to say something in responce to that but man i know its going to be take waaaaayyy out of context.:D

retsam
05-01-06, 06:37 AM
However, there is no Simultaneous Multi Threading anywhere in the Core architecture.i am really surprise that intel took that out of the Core. i would have thought that for pure marketing purposes that they would have left that in there....hay look my task manager has four thingies and yours only has two ...i win!!!

MUYA
05-01-06, 06:48 AM
i want to say something in responce to that but man i know its going to be take waaaaayyy out of context.:D
that you sell your...nm :p

The SMT were taken out apparently due to heat or rather heatspot issues? Maybe in the future they will add it back? 40% boost (in typical server ops) is nothing to larf at but it was probably decided as a erm...balance issue transistor costs etc...pure speculation

Superfly
05-01-06, 04:34 PM
good read, thanks for the link.