PDA

View Full Version : Aegeis physics card

zyklon69
05-01-06, 11:25 AM
Aegeis? Is that how it's spelled? Anyhow, they'll be asking $300 for the physics card? Anyone else think that this is an insane amount? How often will we be seeing new cards?

jAkUp
05-01-06, 11:26 AM
Its Ageia. We will probably see an updated card every year or so for now I suppose. The card is a little on the expensive side, but its brand new, and I don't think it is "insane" I mean, an X-Fi fatali1ty costs that much! And the PPU is much more advanced.

zyklon69
05-01-06, 01:06 PM
So us gamers will be needing a graphics card + and physics card to keep up with computer gaming? At this cost i might just go buy a console.

ViN86
05-01-06, 02:10 PM
personally, i dont see a PPU as a necessary component atm.

if you check out jAkUp's thread (jAkUp's thread about PPU at best buy (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69288), specifically the GRAW results) you will see that the PPU allows more objects to be rendered in real time physics. are these objects necessary? not really. also, as PPU's advance, you will see more and more objects be rendered more and more easily.

maybe they will be necessary one day, but personally i dont think they will be for a while. of course, if you must have the latest and greatest ( *looks at jAkUp quick* ;) ) then youd be happy to pick one up for $300 :)