PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion...Driver issue? driver setting?? or game setting???

easyrider
05-01-06, 06:05 PM
have a weird problem In Oblivion
The pics go as follows:
Fsaa4x
Fsaa4x + Bloom
Hdr

Do these pics look funny or is it me?

Oblion Pics (http://alpha.blackeve.com/Pics.htm)

I am useing everything cranked, all slider full, 1600x1200 res, with 84.56 drivers, 4xfsaa, 16x aniso, High quality in the control panel.
I have a p4 3.0 prescott, 1 gig corsair mem, and a 7800gs gddr3 256mb agp vid card.

gb0008
05-01-06, 07:13 PM
I can't notice anything looking funny in those pics; they look quite normal to me. What do you notice specifically?

easyrider
05-01-06, 07:17 PM
I can't notice anything looking funny in those pics; they look quite normal to me. What do you notice specifically?

It just looks I dunno, over bright? in the hdr shot, seems like it's over doing it some.....maybe that's how it's spose to look. I prefer like crisp and clear visuals, granted Oblivion is nice looking, but the walls and floor seem to me, kinda smudgy, and blurred. The hdr shot just seems do be over doing the brightness some to me, uness it's spose to look that way on both things in the game, and it's maybe that kinda game. Trees, and grass look AMAZEING, I can't say enuff about how realistic they look, but is it me or does the other stuff such as bricks, floors etc.. seem somewhat blurred edffect? Again maybe it's the game style, dunno

DRen72
05-01-06, 07:26 PM
Looks normal to me. Play it with HDR for a couple of hours and you'll never go back to Bloom. At first I thought HDR was too bright as well, then I literally took a walk on a warm sunny day (in real life) and looked at how the sun reflected on things and I realized that it really is bright sometimes. Sounds goofy but it made me an HDR believer...in Oblivion anyway. I still find it is overdone in Far Cry though.

gb0008
05-01-06, 09:42 PM
It just looks I dunno, over bright? in the hdr shot, seems like it's over doing it some.....maybe that's how it's spose to look. I prefer like crisp and clear visuals, granted Oblivion is nice looking, but the walls and floor seem to me, kinda smudgy, and blurred. The hdr shot just seems do be over doing the brightness some to me, uness it's spose to look that way on both things in the game, and it's maybe that kinda game. Trees, and grass look AMAZEING, I can't say enuff about how realistic they look, but is it me or does the other stuff such as bricks, floors etc.. seem somewhat blurred edffect? Again maybe it's the game style, dunno

HDR does look overly bright sometimes, that's normal, and even the blurriness on walls I have noticed, especially in dungeons, which is normal again.

True, maybe occasionally it looks overdone with brightness, but otherwise HDR accentuates the color textures in this game quite nicely. Hope you'll get used to it, just like I did.

easyrider
05-01-06, 11:44 PM
Well I figured out what the deal was, you are correct, HDR is bright at times, but if you use it in say behind camera veiw, it looks SO amazeing, along with the fact I did some tweaking, and man oh MAN what a difference it made. Oblivion looks and plays NICELY now, very nice.
I went to http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=36222 and used all but the last page of tweaks, and man did that ever help. I don't have as much grass now, but that's ok I play in 16x12 now and smoothly with VERY little chop or anything.
Anyways, I use the behind camera veiw now any time I get a chance, and it looks very kewl, specailly outside, man oh man does hdr look sweet.

gb0008
05-02-06, 12:39 AM
That's awesome, I'm so glad you're enjoying Oblivion now. Happy gaming!

myshkinbob
05-02-06, 10:26 AM
Hey easyrider, glad you got it sorted out. :)

I've got a 7800GS too, is there any chance you could attach your oblivion.ini to a post here, or upload it somewhere?

I'd really appreciate it! :)

DRen72
05-02-06, 10:45 AM
A new HDR convert!...at least in Oblivion. :)

easyrider
05-02-06, 04:51 PM
Hey easyrider, glad you got it sorted out. :)

I've got a 7800GS too, is there any chance you could attach your oblivion.ini to a post here, or upload it somewhere?

I'd really appreciate it! :)

Sure, here is the link http://alpha.blackeve.com/Files/Oblivion.ini
Click it and copy and paste to yours or right click and save as Oblivion.ini.

Make SURE and save yours or back yours up, in case you don't like this one or it doesn't work for some reason.

I have a 3.0ghz p4 Prescott socket 470, 1 gig (2X512) of corsaire ddr400(pc3200) value mem, and this BFH 7800gs oc 256 ddr3 agp card, and for me this ini helps me alot. It doesn't run 100% smoothly, I have SOME chop but it is a major improvement for me, as I can move around outside alot smoother, I'de say it was an about 50%-75% increase is what it seemed to me like. As I said less grass to look and eww and aww at, but it's a nice improvement over what I was useing as far as settings go.

myshkinbob
05-03-06, 02:53 PM
Hey cheers for posting it. :)

I'm running a similar system, a64 @ 2.2gz, 1.5GB of ram, and a 256MB 7800GS.

I've pretty much exhausted all the main quests now, playing at 1280x960 HDR with the options quite high. But i've been looking for a good eyecandy/performance compromise to run the game at 1600x1200 HDR, to ease the aliasing in HDR mode.

Your ini looks to be exactly what i needed, so thanks! :)

Superfly
05-04-06, 11:13 AM
Well IMHO the HDR in Oblivion only looks good outside, inside its an overbright mess.

AA+ Bloom for the win

PTK1982
05-04-06, 03:10 PM
Well pc version is bright and its good however x360 version you cant see a **** in dungeons without those nifty illusion spells. And turning brigthness slider to right causes things to look ugly. and not to speak that pc version runs like crap (those large grass areas) then x360 flys like dream no hiccup nada. So every coin has two sides...

My System:

Windows XP SP2
Intel Pentium 830D Dualcore
Asus P5WD2-Premium
2GB 533Mhz DDR2 Memory
XFX GeForce 7800GTX
Creative X-Fi Platinum Edition
4x 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA in Raid0
LG DVDRAM GSA-4082B
Logitech MX1000
Viewsonic VX-900 19" LCD
Viewsonic N3000W 30" LCD