PDA

View Full Version : World's unluckiest Xbox 360 owner

AthlonXP1800
05-02-06, 11:56 AM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31408

Anyone remember him? I think I remember read his posts on Xbox 360 forums and no one believed him and called him a Sony fanboy. He now have 5th Xbox 360 replacement. :o

Microsoft mentioned as of 31 March, 1.75 million Xbox 360 consoles was sold. This sales figure is far too short than 6 to 8 million estimate figure for June and also way too far below 3 million in 90 days target after launch. It seem Xbox 360 is really not selling very well.

|MaguS|
05-02-06, 12:05 PM
Where did you get the sales figures?

AthlonXP1800
05-02-06, 12:31 PM
Where did you get the sales figures?

Here (http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/05/the_unluckiest_.html) is a direct link on the Inquirer news article you probably missed. 1.75 million statement is near the middle of the Mercury News article.

With 1.75 million consoles sold as of March 31

|MaguS|
05-02-06, 12:37 PM
He's using that figure without posting the complete details. The 1.75 Million shipped were in the three months between January to March. MS has yet to state (just like sony) how many consoles were sold, just shipped.

It shipped 1.7 million consoles during the three months ended March 31.

Link
(http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,18985160%5E15345%5E%5Enbv%5E15306-15316,00.html)

Mr. Hunt
05-02-06, 12:37 PM
So far I have been lucky... but geez... so much for that "small percentage" they kept talking about.

S.I.N
05-02-06, 01:06 PM
GEEEEEEZUMagus. I just cant bvelive your not some Sony worker bee. Its as if every thread you need to go at the 360 even when its not necessary. Do you like get paid to be a ***** for Sony?

|MaguS|
05-02-06, 01:09 PM
GEEEEEEZUMagus. I just cant bvelive your not some Sony worker bee. Its as if every thread you need to go at the 360 even when its not necessary. Do you like get paid to be a ***** for Sony?

Because I defended MS in this thread? WTF are you on? He was posting something negative about the X360s sales and I asked for a source, when the source proved wrong I corrected it...

S.I.N
05-02-06, 01:29 PM
Because I defended MS in this thread? WTF are you on? He was posting something negative about the X360s sales and I asked for a source, when the source proved wrong I corrected it...

Hehe after re-reading in seems you were for a change. Thought it was one of those anytime the 360 is mentioned, I must jab and mention Sony is great posts I always see. Sorry Magus.:D

ENU291
05-02-06, 02:40 PM
I don't think there is anyone on these forums that will deny that a good precentage of the initial batch of XBox360 consoles (about 300,000 units) had some kind of issue. Microsoft rushed this console out the door in time for the 2005 Christmas season. I'm on my 2nd 360 but made sure I extended my warranty because I feel like sooner or later this one is gonna kick the bucket. Hopefully the consoles using the re-fabbed tri-core cpu will prove to be a keeper.

Ninja Prime
05-03-06, 03:27 AM
Wikipedia seems to say 3.2 million X-box360's sold, not sure of the timeline though, I would guess from the end of the quarter, March 31st.

msxyz
05-03-06, 07:16 AM
At the end of april Microsoft announced that they've shipped 3.2M of consoles. Yes the number came from Q1 conference call and it should be believable (unless Microsoft decided to go the Enron way and it's lying to its investors :lol: )

The 1.75M figure is for the end of january, not for march.

They are on track to reach the 5M projected figure by the end of june. One of the Xbox360 assemblers (and there are three of them) expects to produce more than 5M pieces this year alone.

How well the Xbox will sell in the second part of this year is anyone guess.

Peoples-Agent
05-03-06, 12:14 PM
The main reason the units aren't selling "yet" , is because people are applying the same logic to how the first console panned out.

Why buy one, when you can wait awhile... get a newer revision, with better games bundles, when games themselves have gotten cheaper also.

You could add me to the list of XB360 owners in the future.

Mr. Hunt
05-03-06, 01:02 PM
The main reason the units aren't selling "yet" , is because people are applying the same logic to how the first console panned out.

Why buy one, when you can wait awhile... get a newer revision, with better games bundles, when games themselves have gotten cheaper also.

You could add me to the list of XB360 owners in the future.

Yup... especially after the rumors about a cheaper 360 in October, and a "uber 1337" processor (I know it is just supposed to run cooler, but most of the people seem to think it will be ub3r and run everything at 5000 fps now for some reason)... people are waiting.

AthlonXP1800
05-03-06, 04:34 PM
The 1.75M figure is for the end of january, not for march.

You wrong on this one, Microsoft stated 1.75M were sold as of 31 March 2006, I dont know how many were sold by end of January but Microsoft stated only 600,000 (http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/1/13/2502) were sold as of 13 January. I am surprised Microsoft lied to investors about 3.2M figure and they didnt buy the story caused their stock (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=MSFT) plunge all time low.

Tyr-Sog
05-03-06, 07:20 PM
I finally saw some on the shelves in my area and almost bought one until I looked at the games. Really nothing there that interested me as of yet. I quess thats good though, give it some more time to work out the bugs and hope for a price cut.

nutcrackr
05-03-06, 07:56 PM
Ms reports shipped figures, NPD reports sold amounts directly to the end user. They are quite different too.

msxyz
05-04-06, 05:59 AM
You wrong on this one, Microsoft stated 1.75M were sold as of 31 March 2006, I dont know how many were sold by end of January but Microsoft stated only 600,000 (http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/1/13/2502) were sold as of 13 January. I am surprised Microsoft lied to investors about 3.2M figure and they didnt buy the story caused their stock (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=MSFT) plunge all time low.The 600K figure at the end of January is for the north american market alone, not world-wide.

Maybe that 3.2M figure include replacement units (if we were to believe stories around the 'net, half of the luanch Xboxes have already failed LOL) and a lot of "core-packages" that are gatering dust on the shelves around here, but I don't see Microsoft lying about that. They would be caught in no time!

And game sales figure don't lie anyway... Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox sold like 600K in the first two months alone, Ghost Recon more than 800K in a month (the same amount of copies that sold combined for the old Xbox and PS2). And you can bet a good portion of that 1.7M copies of Oblivion sold in a month are for the Xbox360, too.

EDIT: Here are the detailed figures -by market- announced in the Microsoft quarter conference call:

Xbox 360 Hardware (Through March 31, 2006)
North America - 1.8 million
Europe - 1.1 million
Other - 0.3 million
Worldwide - 3.2 million

1.7 million units were shipped in Q1 2006.

saturnotaku
05-04-06, 06:40 AM
I finally saw some on the shelves in my area and almost bought one until I looked at the games. Really nothing there that interested me as of yet. I quess thats good though, give it some more time to work out the bugs and hope for a price cut.

That's exactly why I'm waiting as well. All the games that have interested me for the 360 are either available or soon to be released on the PC. I'll be looking for games like DoA: Code Chronos, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Halo 3 before I seriously consider getting a 360.

Supply seems to be catching up with demand as at one Wal-Mart I went to had about 6 Cores and 4 Premiums in stock.