PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Corruption in-game with 7900 GT

ezdriver
05-02-06, 04:02 PM
I just built the system listed in my signature, and there have been some strange things happening when I play certain games. My main culprit is the Tiger Woods 2006 golf game. After playing for a while, I will get lines at different angles on-screen that radiate primarily from the ball, and I will also sometimes get big chunks of textures that block out most of the screen. Quake 4 has been a problem as well, and in that game I will get very small triangles on screen. When I begin to get these texture problems, I will immediately close out of the game back to desktop. Sometimes the desktop is very unstable and/or has chunks of the games close-out menu still displayed over it and I have to do a three-finger reboot.

I can play the games for a very long time with NO problem, or it can happen almost immediately. I've played for 3 days with no occurance and then it will pop up continually. Aside from the above, another weird thing is that I have 8 other games that are perfectly OK without any corruption or lock-ups on exit.

I RMA'd my video card and the new one did the exact same thing after 3 days of operating perfectly. I deleted the 84.21 video drivers and then did a clean install without luck. Voltage and IRQ's have been verified as without any problems or conflicts. Chipset, BIOS, video and audio drivers are all the most current versions available.

I'm pulling my hair out on this one. Any ideas from you good people? Thanks.

ez

PS - I'm at work now and can't post any pics of the corruption, but I'll do so later this evening.

NeMeSis78
05-02-06, 08:02 PM
Try disabling PEG mode in your BIOS.

I had/have similar problems, but I'm certian it's the vcard. I must RMA it. But if you have RMA'd your card already and are getting the same problems I would start with disabling PEG mode. It's a common problem with the A8N32-SLI.

ynnek
05-02-06, 08:04 PM
Temperature problems, most likely on the GPU.

ezdriver
05-02-06, 09:41 PM
Temps are in the 37c idle to 46c load range, so there is definitely not a heat issue there.

NeMeSis78: What is PEG mode?

ez

ezdriver
05-02-06, 10:05 PM
Answered my own question. It always helps to read the manual (Doink). It was set to "Auto" so I disabled it. We'll see what happens now. Thanks.

ez

ezdriver
05-02-06, 10:24 PM
Well, went into the game and same old problem with the corruption. I have attached some pics to show what I'm talking about. I had to convert them to a downloadable size so I lost the color, but you can see the corruption I'm talking about.

ez

ezdriver
05-02-06, 10:34 PM
Oops, didn't attach. There ya go.

ez

NeMeSis78
05-03-06, 12:48 AM
Who's your card manufacture?

john19055
05-03-06, 05:23 AM
That could be a driver problem ,I play NFSMW and I Got something that look like that with flickering triangle textures and I went to a different driver and it solve my problem.

ezdriver
05-03-06, 05:24 AM
BFG Tech. This is my second 7900 GT from them since I RMA'd the first one. They both show the exact same issue, so I'm not too sure it's a bad card. (?)

ez

ezdriver
05-03-06, 07:44 AM
That could be a driver problem ,I play NFSMW and I Got something that look like that with flickering triangle textures and I went to a different driver and it solve my problem.

Question: Nvidia released the 84.21's that adds support for the 7900 GT card, and that means if I install an earlier version I am using an unsupported driver. What effect would that have?

ez

JadoJodo
08-28-06, 12:22 AM
I've had this EXACT same problem - I bought mine from New Egg and saw this occur about a month after I installed it - I checked the DVI connection, switched it to the second DVI port on the VC and now it (The moniter) won't show video if I go back to the first port. I get this same corruption when playing World of Warcraft - I will see a texture of grass shoot into the sky or when fighting I'll see a sword shoot out (The texture on it). I've BFG and he said I need to send it back to them, but if you did and the second did the same thing, I'm not sure what to do. Anyone have any ideas as to what to do about this? I'm somewhat frustrated, as this has gotten worse as of late, and this was a birthday present.

JadoJodo

By the way, the specs on my PC are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
BFG 7900 GT
1Gb x2 OCZ PC3200 RAM
This MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136166
500 Watt Antec Power Supply

K007
08-28-06, 03:46 AM
Sounds/looks like another victim of the 7900 series..it should be noted that buying this card comes at a very high risk..and at that price..its not worht going the 7900 series..hence why i just got the 7950 after 2 brand new gtx cards crap out..out of the box

JadoJodo
08-28-06, 11:04 AM
Any suggestions as what I should do? Can I request a different model from BFG? I don't think I can return it to NewEgg as its been a while since I bought it. Thanks for the quick reply, btw.

arobyte
11-10-06, 05:36 PM
How to solve this issue. I am having the same issues with my BFG 7900 GT OC in both single and SLI mode. Happens in mutiple games.

LBJM
11-10-06, 06:44 PM
How to solve this issue. I am having the same issues with my BFG 7900 GT OC in both single and SLI mode. Happens in mutiple games.

I had this problem with one of my 7800GTXs run one card at a time until you find which card is bad. when you find the bad card rma it. make sure peg link mode is disabled in the bios.