PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me

ChiC
05-02-06, 07:47 PM
I have 2 white lines on the left hand side of my screen with a fat meter type line in the middle that bobbles up and down while playing in ANY Video game.
I just got back my newly rebuilt rig costing close to 4000.00 and it is aggravating the heck outta me.
I looked on this forum before i posted hoping that someone else had the same problem in the past and knows how to solve it.
It dosen't interfear with my game i don't beleive.... than again i am not sure if it does or not. Except that it gets in the way when i am trying to scope out someone in the game.
I had just one video card in at first (GeForce 7900GTX) and it was fine.
I sent it back to the shop a week later to put in the 2nd video card and when i got it back the 2 white lines to the left of the moniter and the green fat meter type line in the middle was there. And will not dissapear no matter what game i play.
PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN.
Thank You in advance,
ChiC

OWA
05-02-06, 07:55 PM
Heh, just disable the load balancer (show gpu load balancing option).

ChiC
05-02-06, 08:16 PM
WOW thank you so much..... now to get my front speakers to work. I have a 5.1 surround sound and am using onboard sound... due to the fact that my sounblaster sound card won't fit in between my 2 video cards.
It shows in the picture when i test it that it is working but no sound is comming out of the left front or the right front speaker.... all the others seem to be working fine. And i even tried switching the speaker wires around. But still no sound from the front ones. I know their could be quite a few different problems, but if you could possibly tell me the most common problems, that would be great.
Any suggestions where to begin?
ChiC

quick question.... Now that the load balancer is disabled will that effect my performance any?

OWA
05-02-06, 08:36 PM
Hmm, not sure on the sound. Have you tried making sure WinXP is set to 5.1 sound?

As far as the load balancer, no it shouldn't affect performance. All it does it show you how much SLI is helping or not helping. That is, it shows the load on each card. So, it's mainly a diagnostic tool.

ChiC
05-02-06, 08:46 PM
Where do i check if xp is set to 5.1 surr or not?
Lets put it this way..... It was ok until i took out the sound card and switched to the on board sound.
I have a A8n-32 SLI Deluxe M.B.

Hope this avitar is ok for this forum?

OWA
05-02-06, 09:09 PM
Just go to the XP control panel->sounds and audio devices->speaker settings (advanced) -- on the volume tab. Make sure speaker setup is 5.1.

ChiC
05-02-06, 09:21 PM
Yes it is.... DUH. I should have known that was what you meant.
I will continue to pull my hair out! And in the mean time let the enemy come walking up to me and shoot me in the face .... because i cannot hear them comming :crosseye: