PDA

View Full Version : Problems with evga 7800GTX and F.E.A.R

SnilloC
05-03-06, 09:57 AM
Well I finally recieved my card(evga7900GTX) installed it with 84.21 and pretty much ran all my games CO2, UT2K4 and F.E.A.R flawlessly! Very smooth and also ran well in 3Dmark05 and 06 with no problems. Well yesterday I was changing some settings in F.E.A.R for better performance during online gaming! Well the game started freakin out on me!!! I'll just post some pics so you can see! These are only a few but this happened in every map/level. My main concern is that if this is a heat issue? With these same setting below I can start up F.E.A.R and it runs without a problem and as the game goes on textures just start stretching across the level. As the game goes on it gets worse. My temps on average are from 41 to 50...

http://www.uxcclan.com/pics/7900gtx.jpg
http://www.uxcclan.com/pics/7900gtx1.jpg<<<notice the board running along the floor... Not suppose to be there!!!
http://www.uxcclan.com/pics/7900gtx2.jpg<<<how do you like the roof.... You can see the texture stretched across...

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 10:45 AM
download FRAPS and post up your framerates... this is just the demo; to get the full you have to register it for $37... in the demo, you can only take up to 30 second gameplay videos... so post up your framerates and possibly a video, if you can.

FRAPS:
http://www.fraps.com/download.php

** and don't worry about viruses or anything bad b/c I have been using it for well over 6 months and I have no problems. This might help but might not... I have no problem in FEAR but I got a better PC... sorry bro

SnilloC
05-03-06, 11:47 AM
Actually have a registered version of FRAPS. Just don't know what Frame rates have to do with textures and BSP holes..... The game runs seemlessly it just has huge wholes in the levels part way through at those settings.

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 02:14 PM
ehh, it's not the first time I've been wrong and sure as hell won't be the last.

Ninjaman09
05-03-06, 02:50 PM
Those are artifacts most likely caused by some kind of hardware issue. If your temps are that low you might want to consider running some 3D benchmarks and seeing if you get similar results.

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 05:01 PM
Hey Snillo I've read some other forums about similar issues and most of them boiled down to the PSU... how many watts is your PSU? You might need a new one.. Maybe your card isn't getting enough power

SnilloC
05-03-06, 07:27 PM
Yeah I just got off the phone with evga and the said I should consider it!.... I don't understand though I have a 500W PC Power and cooling for just one card! No SLI... minimum recommended is +12volt rail with 22Amp current rating and my PS actually is 34Amp current rating... We both agreed it should be enough for a single 7900? Although it does not show this PS in the recommended SLI for 7900's. Man this sucks!!!

SnilloC
05-03-06, 07:34 PM
They (evga) first recommended me to try the new Beta drivers they have released... 84.56... http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=nvidia

They helped out in game!!! But as soon as I tried to minimize or close out it locked up the PC!

Also if your curious I have the 6800 gt's in SLI right now while I RMA this paper weight! My system is back to norm and running without a hitch....

SnilloC
05-03-06, 07:35 PM
Tired going to take a break from this!!! First I'm going to visit ATI....lol

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 10:23 PM
ya it sux dude i gotta upgrade my 700W when the G80 comes out. I'll either get the 1000W or an 850... either one is like $450...

keith33
05-03-06, 10:26 PM
That's complete BS. Any power supply with 26 A on the 12v rail should be able to run multiple drives and a single high-end video card, RMA the card.

The Bigman
05-04-06, 06:09 PM
Sounds like something with soft shadows. I had something like this and patched Fear and did some tweaks, everything was all good.

Eltigre88
05-05-06, 02:08 PM
How are you keeping that card so coooool? Mine sits at 48 idle and 62 when hard core gaming. My bet is it was the card. I also am running a 500w psu with no issues and I have run 2 7800's in an SLI config with no psu issues. I only wish I could afford a 1000w psu, prices are crazey! Hope the new card works out for ya. Why are you putting your FEAR settings so low????

SnilloC
05-06-06, 11:08 PM
Well I'm waiting while they send my new card.... I'm hoping I'll be happy or else I feel this is a waste of cash....

How are you keeping that card so coooool? Mine sits at 48 idle and 62 when hard core gaming. My bet is it was the card. I also am running a 500w psu with no issues and I have run 2 7800's in an SLI config with no psu issues. I only wish I could afford a 1000w psu, prices are crazey! Hope the new card works out for ya. Why are you putting your FEAR settings so low????

If you want to kill and pretty much own I don't care what kind of system your running you'll need to run minimum to own in F.E.A.R.... Sad thing is the game looks awesome with effects turned up but peeps who can run high they turn them dow so they see a hell of a lot more. Try it and you'll see what I mean... Cheezy but the game is so unfair you have to tweak to make it even.... I hope that makes sense....