PDA

View Full Version : MSI K8NGM2-FID Can Be Used with Ubuntu?

SnakePlissken
05-03-06, 12:00 PM
Question Removed no answers!!!

superklye
05-03-06, 12:04 PM
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't it work?

SnakePlissken
05-03-06, 12:09 PM
From reading this thread here superklye http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57791&highlight=MSI+K8NGM2-FID thats why i asked. on top of that from judging from your sig you don't own this board, and i was clearly asking those who did. however thank anyway.

ViN86
05-03-06, 03:57 PM
From reading this thread here superklye http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57791&highlight=MSI+K8NGM2-FID thats why i asked. on top of that from judging from your sig you don't own this board, and i was clearly asking those who did. however thank anyway.
:wtf:
klye was just askin what made you think it didnt work......

im sure it will work. shouldnt ubuntu have a compatibility list on their website? you can also check the ubuntu site/forums. the ubuntu IRC would be your best bet imo.

SnakePlissken
05-03-06, 07:05 PM
You have a section here for user of linux with nvida based products yet you can't tell if this product will work or not. on top of that you have section that talks about Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150 which this board uses yet know one can tell if this board work with linux. this is a forum for nvida products you have a linux section yet no answers.

superklye
05-03-06, 10:09 PM
Then go somewhere else. I was asking a simple question and apparently that was too much for you to handle. No one is making you stay and acting like this isn't going to make anyone want you to stay--let alone help you.

Can't find an answer? You've got two options:

1) Buy the board and find out for yourself
2) Don't buy the board and die never knowing what could have been

Whatever you decide, do it elsewhere.

SnakePlissken
05-03-06, 10:45 PM
superklye apparently it was, and is to much for you to give a answer to question posted. you choose to post a question to my question which did not help. on top of that you come back with your last remark with lead me to beleave your one of those who just wants to help who you like or want. like i said you have thread on these board with these chips why would a user not ask here since this after all a freaking nvidia forum.

a12ctic
05-03-06, 10:47 PM
my 6100/410 works fine in ubuntu

SnakePlissken
05-03-06, 10:52 PM
removed!!

ViN86
05-03-06, 10:59 PM
a12ctic thats not the same board. the MSI K8NGM2-FID has the VITESSE vsc8201RX and i'm trying to find out if anyone has got that chip to work under linux, and the board it self to fully work.

thanks
youre unbelievable.

first off, this is a software issue, NOT a hardware one. you want to know if a board works with a certain OS, then go to the IRC or forums for that OS and find out. quit bein so lazy and diversify. yea the mobo is nvidia based, so if it doesnt work, then come ask us questions.

you think when i (or 99% of the other ppl on these boards for that matter) want to know something, we just post our question on one place and expect an answer? hell no, i find the IRC channels, other hardware forums, and the forum for what im trying to find out. then theres always my favorite.... GOOGLE!

dont come here and demand answers then get mad and shoot your mouth off at klye, im surprised hes put up with as much as he has thus far. its totally unncessary and doesnt get you anywhere. klye has always been very helpful with me. probably because i didnt act like an ***hole towards him. you get further with honey than you do with ****. write that down.

</rant>

SnakePlissken
05-03-06, 11:14 PM
So what he helped you good for you. i posted a question which got a question as a responce. and then here you are with your rant, and still no answer to the question from you nither. which is removed since it can't be answered.

ViN86 you can answer a Conroe and chipset support question yet can't answer the simple question that was posted.

ViN86
05-03-06, 11:17 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=164734&highlight=K8NGM2-FID

check that out. turns out the board will install it and work, however the network controller is finicky and will have to be configured manually.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=1803985

this thread shows that the ethernet should be compatible with the nvidia ethernet driver. i would check out the nvidia drivers.

thats all i could find, took me about 5 minutes.

superklye
05-04-06, 07:26 AM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+MSI+K8NGM2-FID+ubuntu

Wow...that was so hard to do, it almost killed me.

superklye
05-04-06, 07:30 AM
So what he helped you good for you. i posted a question which got a question as a responce. and then here you are with your rant, and still no answer to the question from you nither. which is removed since it can't be answered.

ViN86 you can answer a Conroe and chipset support question yet can't answer the simple question that was posted.
Yeah, you know why I asked you a question? To try and get you to maybe look into things yourself. No, I didn't have an answer. I'm not Encyclopedia Brown. I was curious to know why a Linux distro wouldn't work with the (get ready for this) LINUX DRIVERS NVIDIA HAS.

Maybe posting at a forum more attuned to this kind of problem, such as nForcersHQ, rather than a video card/gaming forum, would be better suited, hmm? (Look at this...two bits of help in the SAME THREAD).

I don't know what my man Vin answered about Conroe, but I'm sure whatever it was, it wasn't asked as in a dickhole manner. I'm glad that you haven't found an answer and I hope you never do now.

grey_1
05-05-06, 05:32 PM

You couldn't answer it yourself, so STFU. Go troll somewhere else. Folks here try to be helpful whether you like it or not. Take a hike.