PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae Rally 07 (PS3/X360/PC) Announced

SH64
05-04-06, 10:16 AM
Not much details so far , but
Codemasters announced today that its off-road racer Colin McRae Rally is to return in 2007, and is now in development exclusively for next-generation platforms.

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=33940&mode=thread&order=0

very nice! one of my fav rally games is coming back! :)

Richteralan
05-04-06, 10:29 AM
hope they won't use starforce

SH64
05-04-06, 10:33 AM
Yep that would be a stupid thing to do ..

|MaguS|
05-04-06, 10:42 AM

Wont have a problem with that if you get it on the PS3 or X360.

nekrosoft13
05-04-06, 02:44 PM
Wont have a problem with that if you get it on the PS3 or X360.

and why would any sane person do that?:thumbdwn:

agentkay
05-04-06, 02:48 PM
Is the PC version confirmed? I read at another place that this one will be console-only.

Mr_LoL
05-04-06, 04:24 PM
Is the PC version confirmed? I read at another place that this one will be console-only.

It should be. I think all other colin mcraes have been on the pc as well.

SH64
05-11-06, 04:25 PM
Yes the PC version is confirmed!
i e-mailed Codemasters asking them about this :
Hi ,
i'd like to know if CMR07 is coming to PC aswell ? or is it going to be exclusive for next generation consoles only ?

thanks.

& heres thier answer :
Thansk for your email.

CMR07 will be released on PC as well as next-generation consoles - we wouldn't abandon our loyal PC fraternity!

Yours,

Peer

Peer Lawther | Codemasters Web Editor
http://www.codemasters.co.uk

agentkay
05-11-06, 04:32 PM
Thats awesome! Thanks for the confirmation SH64!

Burnt_Ram
05-12-06, 09:08 AM
cool, i've always liked rally games.

nekrosoft13
05-12-06, 10:01 AM
will they still use starforce?

most likelly

agentkay
05-12-06, 10:21 AM
Considering that Ubisoft and Jowood dumped SF, weŽll have to wait and see what Codemasters does. I personally donŽt care what copy protection theyŽll use because IŽll buy the game anyway.

nekrosoft13
05-12-06, 10:28 AM
jowood dumped SF? really? since when

agentkay
05-12-06, 10:34 AM
jowood dumped SF? really? since when

I remember a press report where they were talking about it back last month or so. It was around the same time when Ubisoft pulled the plug on SF because of the lawsuit. 10tacle will release GTR2 in August and it will be interesting to see if theyŽll drop SF. The most recent versions of Securom are pretty close to the SF level anyway, so it doesnŽt really matter much anymore.

nekrosoft13
05-12-06, 10:38 AM
I remember a press report where they were talking about it back last month or so. It was around the same time when Ubisoft pulled the plug on SF because of the lawsuit. 10tacle will release GTR2 in August and it will be interesting to see if theyŽll drop SF. The most recent versions of Securom are pretty close to the SF level anyway, so it doesnŽt really matter much anymore.

funny thing is that securom use a driver also and installs hidden files sometimes. which doesn't seem to bother most people

lightman
05-13-06, 09:50 AM
funny thing is that securom use a driver also and installs hidden files sometimes. which doesn't seem to bother most people

Maybe because it doesn't seem to be any burner destroyed because of securom, while there have been quite a lot connected to SF...

That said, yeah, securom could still be problematic. *If* it, like SF, [potentially] allows user programs to run at system level (that is, with complete privileges), then it could constitute quite a hole in the security of the system.

But, until reports come up with cases of burner destroyed and/or virus/worms appear that use securom (hypotetical) security holes, then it is perfectly safe to use, so I don't have a problem with it.

People aren't complaining about SF because of its (pretended) unbreakability, but because of the problems (often costing money to the users) that it creates.