PDA

View Full Version : Paralyze

jlarusso
05-04-06, 11:29 AM
Is it me or is this too overpowered? I have seen it fail maybe once and I have the 3 second version. Basically combat goes like this. Sneak-Invisible then Paralyze-Swing-Swing-Paralyze-Swing-Swing-Paralyze-Swing-Swing...This is a problem with undead, but there are other ways you can deal with them.

I think the problem is that there is no defense for 80% of your opponents, or magic resist doesn't work well.

CaptNKILL
05-04-06, 11:41 AM
Paralyze is very effective. I had a jinksword in Morrowind thatd paralyze on hit, and I used it the entire game. Made some of the tougher battles much more manageble.

There are enemies in Oblivion that can paralyze you very easily, so its only "fair" that we can do it too.

It sure is funny paralyzing someone on a cliff :lol:

SH64
05-04-06, 01:16 PM
Wierd .. i'm @level 23 & yet to be paralyzed by anyone :D

maybe a spider deadra paralyzed me once or something .. hmm

CaptNKILL
05-04-06, 01:23 PM
Wierd .. i'm @level 23 & yet to be paralyzed by anyone :D

maybe a spider deadra paralyzed me once or something .. hmm
Yeah, those things are really irritating :p

msxyz
05-04-06, 02:15 PM
My archer could paralyze in addition to stun. Quite useless because both achieve the same effect. And seeing a creature/NPC freeze is not as satisfying as seeing him tumbling on the floor with an arrow in the chest.

CaptNKILL
05-04-06, 02:30 PM
I think its hilarious hitting people with paralysis when they are in mid swing. They are standing on one foot and then you just run into them and they go off balance and fall over :rofl

de><ta
05-04-06, 05:01 PM
Or become a vampire and be immune to paralyze. Take that you pesky spider bitch and your asexually produced offspring.

Paralyze is powerfull and is great against one enemy but becomes hard against more enemies. My current illusion skill sucks so instead I have a poison that does:
4 health damage for 28 seconds
6 magicka damage for 42 seconds
7 fire damage for 38 seconds
paralyze for 3 seconds

Works like a charm, simply shoot and run around like crazy while the person eventually dies!

jlarusso
05-05-06, 02:54 PM
OK, now for those immune to paralyze, are they immune to stun? Also for undead, I have a maxed out(for my level) Turn Undead. Oddly enough invisibility works on undead. Also area affect paralyze can be fun.

Recently I am having fun beating up on Orge's with my bare hands. Kind of funny because I am playing a Female Dunmir named Viconia...

msxyz
05-05-06, 05:19 PM
OK, now for those immune to paralyze, are they immune to stun? Nope, as far as I recall. Stun is controlled by the agility attribute, if I'm not mistaken. NPCs with higher agility are much more difficult to stun. Works like charm on slow beasts like Ogres, Minotaurs or Atronachs.