PDA

View Full Version : morrowind in oblivion?

synkndown
05-04-06, 03:44 PM
What happened to this mod. It was one of the first ideas I saw going around. I know the official oblivion forums won't allow any discussion of this but wouldn't it be great to do the quests from the origional oblivion style?

sillyeagle
05-04-06, 04:16 PM
Why don't they allow discussion of it?

msxyz
05-04-06, 04:32 PM
Because it's a copyright infringement

Even supposing that the team does the entire thing from scratch (no artwork or meshes imported) the rights of the story still belong to Bethesda.

CaptNKILL
05-04-06, 04:48 PM
Yeah as cool as itd be, itd have to all be done "underground" and distributed illegally with bit torrent. I dont see it ever getting to a point where we can use it.

synkndown
05-05-06, 04:04 PM
actually on another site someone contacted bethesda, they said it was fine just dont use the tex/mesh

KatzZero
05-06-06, 08:03 AM
What is fine ? create the morrowind mod or use the morrowind files ?

|MaguS|
05-06-06, 08:34 AM
Probably create a Morrowind Mod aslong as it doesn't use any of the files from the game.

I would personally like Bethesda to create an expansion to Oblivion and just make the other lands available... that would be alot better then creating an expansion with new lands... just expand the map!

knghtwhosaysni
05-06-06, 12:14 PM
Black Mesa: Source is using Half-Life's story and vavle lets it be talked about on their forum... I don't see why this would have to be all "underground"

CaptNKILL
05-06-06, 12:48 PM
Black Mesa: Source is using Half-Life's story and vavle lets it be talked about on their forum... I don't see why this would have to be all "underground"
I was referring to the use of all of their resources.

You cant freely distribute all of the content from one game for use with another. Maybe a few companies will let it slide, but in general its a bad idea.