PDA

View Full Version : crysis pre e3 preview and video interview

kilmas
05-05-06, 03:34 AM
pc.ign.com has posted a pre e3 preview of crysis,and they have a 9 min video interview with the ceo of crytek.

this is the game i am waiting most for,of all the games that is comming out this year.enjoy yourself with this preview
http://pc.ign.com/articles/705/705150p1.html
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/705/705150/crysis-20060504054520979.jpg

jAkUp
05-05-06, 03:49 AM
LMAO! Great Interview :) Cool guy too, Cevat actually said that

"The MP Code in Farcry was crappy... it was sucky actually."

lol

CaptNKILL
05-05-06, 03:52 AM
Ok, now what the hell am I looking at in that picture?

:p

kilmas
05-05-06, 03:56 AM
i dont now,it looks cool

CaptNKILL
05-05-06, 04:00 AM
Man, the other screens for this game look absolutely amazing.

Is this game really going to have perfect per-pixel lighting and shadowing as well as volumetric lighting just about everywhere? Thats what makes the screens look so good, but it also looks too good to be true... its like what you get from a 3d Studio render of a scene from a game.

If it really looks like this, Im very impressed. Far Cry didnt do anything for me gameplay wise or graphically but this is just amazing if it actually looks like this.

Itd be nice if it looked like that and was also playable on my system, but I wont hold my breath ;)

kilmas
05-05-06, 04:04 AM
here is what i found in the preview:

"One of the terrific things about the gameplay environments is that they aren't just for show. Thanks to an engine that allows for reaction of a ton of different objects (especially with the help of the unified architecture DX10 design, upcoming GPUs, and PPUs) jungles now become more than stagnant cover"

thats good new for ati with its r600,but what does that for the g80 how is not a unified architecture?

Quickstar
05-05-06, 09:58 AM
I think you're looking at the threshold between the Alien ice area and the "human" jungle area.

I wonder how they'll handle depth of field and focus. Will it focus depending on where your crosshair is?

I like the way Cevat ended the interview. Something along the lines of "Look for this game on PC only. There will be no console release". I like how he wants his team to focus on creating the best PC eperience, instead of being distracted with sucky console crap.

Marvel_us
05-05-06, 10:03 AM
here is what i found in the preview:

"One of the terrific things about the gameplay environments is that they aren't just for show. Thanks to an engine that allows for reaction of a ton of different objects (especially with the help of the unified architecture DX10 design, upcoming GPUs, and PPUs) jungles now become more than stagnant cover"

thats good new for ati with its r600,but what does that for the g80 how is not a unified architecture?

Isn't he talking about Unified architechture on a software level?

What I find interesting is that he says PPUs which might lead to Crysis supporting one.

zafarsaand
05-05-06, 11:33 AM
the demo they showed to press was running on x1900xt(not dual)...at least i can play game with high details with my 7800gt.

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 11:55 AM
now what are we looking at there, DX9 or DX 10 pics ? i assume DX9 because there is no dx10 HW yet ? i read it's DX9 compatible, so if those vid's are on a 1900XTX then thats how it will look in DX9 ? if thats the case, freakin WOW ..

MrSavoy
05-05-06, 12:01 PM
Aside from ET:QW's this is my most anticipated game for this year. I totally can't wait for this game to come out. /Drool (nana2) (nana2)

jAkUp
05-05-06, 12:02 PM
All the pics we have seen are the DX9 version.

Mr_LoL
05-05-06, 12:24 PM
Doesnt that pic look slightly dumbed down from what we have been seeing so far or am I imagining things?

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 03:23 PM
All the pics we have seen are the DX9 version.
kool, kinda figured they must be! so if it looks that good in DX9 .. can you imagine how it will look in DX10 ;) but then again it might not look much diff atalll ... guess we'll find out next year LOL