PDA

View Full Version : How To Buy An Anvil House?

F_L_C
05-05-06, 09:28 AM
I just bought and furnished my first house in Skingrad and plan on doing the same thing in every city. But it seems Anvil is the only place with no house for sale (the Countess has no dialog option for it). Shame cause Anvil is my fave city. How to buy one there? Also, do I need to join the Thieves' Guild so none of them break into my houses and steal all my loot? Or is it possible to lock the chests or the houses themselves?

One other question is that I'm about to finish the main quest but have barely touched any of the countless other quests. Will the game end if I finish the main quest, thereby preventing me from doing the other quests? Sorry, but I'm an Elder Scrolls/RPG noob. It's all been FPS before this.

|MaguS|
05-05-06, 09:29 AM
The Anvil house is the haunted one, there is an NPC in one of the Inns that will sell you it and start the quest related to it.

F_L_C
05-05-06, 09:32 AM
Cool, I've been so preoccupied with the main quest and closing all nine gates that I've barely talked to any of the NPCs in any of the cities.

|MaguS|
05-05-06, 09:47 AM
I haven't even started the main quest yet...

hemmy
05-05-06, 06:22 PM
i havent played oblivion in so long :o

dont wanna get hooked, ive held strong these 3 weeks

F_L_C
05-11-06, 01:42 AM
I haven't even started the main quest yet...
The final scene in the main quest is...just visually awesome.

dont wanna get hooked, ive held strong these 3 weeks

I have to agree that this type of game (RPG), is totally addicting. No FPS in my memory has consumed so much of my time thus far.

msxyz
05-11-06, 06:39 AM
I have to agree that this type of game (RPG), is totally addicting. No FPS in my memory has consumed so much of my time thus far.Funny comparison, because Oblivion is actually much closer to a FPS than an RPG. :)

That's why a good portion of the RPG players finds Oblivion quite shallow and lacking of some fundamental RPG aspects.

True, there's a lot of things to do, but 90% of the time, you'll end up hacking things and people (pirate)