PDA

View Full Version : New COD game will NOT be released on the PC?

Pages : [1] 2

ENU291
05-05-06, 09:34 AM
Seems like the next Call Of Duty game will be a next-gen console game only. PC gamers will get the shaft! Read more about this HERE (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149040.html).

raystorm
05-05-06, 10:04 AM
I read somewhere else that this is just another Call of Duty "side story" game much like the console "Big Red One" and "Finest Hour". The PC will still get a Call of Duty 3 from Infinity Ward. Remember that the PS2, Xbox..etc got a few Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games not available on pc. Not sure if that true though but its just what I read somewhere. I think there will still be a CoD3 for the pc..but even if not then its no big loss really. Enough with WW2 games.

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 10:57 AM
i sure hope there will be another PC version. damn shame if they don't do one ! still my favorite ww2 series ;)

jAkUp
05-05-06, 11:01 AM
Exactly. IW said the PC will get COD3.

Mr_LoL
05-05-06, 11:22 AM
Phew. Glad we have cleared all that up then. I plan on getting a ps3 but only to play games like Gran Turismo and devil may cry. FPS will be Pc only for me.

toxikneedle
05-05-06, 11:57 AM
Well to tell you the truth, they might as well release it on consoles only, considering how bad cod2 was optimized to run on a PC compared to a 360. And the patch that took half a year to come out.

msxyz
05-05-06, 01:14 PM
Honestly I'm fed up with all these WW2 shoters.

I really want a game where I can kick some allied ass. Until then, I don't think I'll buy any other WW2 shoter unless it's set in a never-touched-before environment.

rudedog
05-05-06, 01:27 PM
The next version of CoD released 2006/2007 will be for console only. another CoD will be released in 2008 but they declined to comment on what platforms it will cover.

Mr_LoL
05-05-06, 01:41 PM

I really want a game where I can kick some allied ass. Until then, I don't think I'll buy any other WW2 shoter unless it's set in a never-touched-before environment.

Well no one is forcing you to buy it are they? The more ww2 shooters the better. They are my favourite series of games

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 02:31 PM
Well to tell you the truth, they might as well release it on consoles only, considering how bad cod2 was optimized to run on a PC compared to a 360. And the patch that took half a year to come out.
well hopefully they'll use a NEW engine, and not just claim that it's new! ;) bastards ...

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 02:34 PM
The next version of CoD released 2006/2007 will be for console only. another CoD will be released in 2008 but they declined to comment on what platforms it will cover.
oh no! didnt need to hear that ;) and the new MOH is pushed back i just read (bummer) gunna be awhile before we see a good WW2 game again :thumbdwn:

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 02:35 PM
Well no one is forcing you to buy it are they? The more ww2 shooters the better. They are my favourite series of games
exactly! if you dont like the genre, DON'T post. geez ...

Quickstar
05-05-06, 02:38 PM

Or until Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway is released. ;)

Quickstar
05-05-06, 02:40 PM
exactly! if you dont like the genre, DON'T post. geez ...

Whats wrong with opinion? Its not like hes excessively complaining. If you don't like user comments, then DON'T post. geez...

Burnt_Ram
05-05-06, 03:32 PM
Whats wrong with opinion? Its not like hes excessively complaining. If you don't like user comments, then DON'T post. geez...
no one asked him is opinion on whether he like's WW2 games or not. it's gets really old whenever theres a WWII fps thread theres always the crowd that's all "I hate world war 2 games" go make a thread that says "who hates ww2 games" geez ...

toxikneedle
05-05-06, 03:47 PM
especially complaining about ww2 games. it's such a cliche at this point.

Demanufakture
05-05-06, 04:07 PM

The pc version runs great for me. I have played the game also on the xbox 360 and have to say I like the pc version better. The graphics look better in the pc version. Sure the 360 gets awesome fps in cod2 but it just isn't as fun on the xbox. Plus, with the right pc hardware the pc version could kick the 360 version's ass. It's easier I would imagine to optimize a game specifically for a machine that is dedicated to that task like the 360 then it is to optimize a game for pc that can be run on all different kinds of hardware specs.

PS: About ww2 games not being fun anymore I have to disagree. Just because there have been many ww2 games, realism in these games still has room to grow drastically. Just compare MOHAA with COD2. Since MOHAA realism has gone up considerably as can be seen by COD2.

msxyz
05-05-06, 04:37 PM
I played quite a few WW2 shoters tbh and I'm complaining about the "usual" abused european settings. The first COD introduced some slightly different scenarios (the eastern fron was a welcome change) but 2/3 of the game was the same "beat the nazis with a UK/US soldier" in the occupied Europe.

The last game of this type I really appreciated was Pacific Assault not because it was outstanding (it was a decent title with nice graphics but completely abandoned by EA after its publication) but because it covered a completely different scenario. I don't recall ever picking up an Arisaka model 38 or the much rarer and now sought-by-collectors Arisaka paratroop carbine in any other game.

It seems to me that WW2 shoters are an inflactioned genre and I don't think I am commiting an heresy by saying that. Am I wrong ?

CaptNKILL
05-05-06, 05:43 PM
They should have a world war 2 game where you play a woman back in the states working in a factory building bombs and guns.

Mr_LoL
05-06-06, 01:10 AM
They should have a world war 2 game where you play a woman back in the states working in a factory building bombs and guns.

Well at least it would stop the complaining.

johnkeel105
05-06-06, 01:48 AM
Well with the lack of support for Call of Duty 2 thus far. Not to mention the checksum file problems on servers and the Punkbuster guid problem, the game has had plenty of problems. When Medal of Honor Airborne comes out I will be looking forward to it. From what I have heard part of it takes place in Italy which is a bit better then the standard bocage and carentan fights. The only game I think I have seen get proper support is Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 seems to go that way as well.

rudedog
05-06-06, 07:33 AM
A couple of things we now know.

- the next cod to be released will be called CoD3
- It will be for console only
- There's a traile for it on IGN

Oh, you want a link well here (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705212p1.html) it is :D

|MaguS|
05-06-06, 07:36 AM
Holy **** the trailer looks amazing! I so hope thats ingame... clean up... my monitor!

Quickstar
05-06-06, 03:33 PM
Hmm i don't know. You'd think they'd say "this is in-game footage" but they didn't. It looks a lot like their commercials for CoD.

SH64
05-06-06, 04:00 PM
What a shame .. its going to be released for the Wii but not the PC!! :o