PDA

View Full Version : Sega Working on a new Golden Axe

msxyz
05-05-06, 01:08 PM
New Golden Axe planned?

05.05.06 - Sega is allegedly working on a new Golden Axe for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which obviously comes out from Sega's E3 Brochure. Whether the game actually is in the works and will show up next week is to be seen: Sega announced so far nothing concerning Golden Axe and did not confirmed or commented this rumor. (from gamefront.de)

(nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

Let's just hope it won't end up like the planned Street of Rage for Dreamcast

raystorm
05-05-06, 01:53 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That would make my day!! Man... a new Golden Axe!! How awesome would that look on the 360/PS3? Hopefully they won't muck it up with nasty camera work and simplistic gameplay. Maybe some nice combos, new magic spells and of course the 3 classic Golden Axe characters! I have the Sega Classics Collection for the PS2 and unfortunately the Golden Axe remake is the worst game in the collection. Hopefully the dev who did that travesty won't go near the new one...if the rumor is true of course!

Now all I need is a new Shinobi, Fantasy Zone, Alex Kidd and Space Harrier and its all good.

msxyz
05-05-06, 04:23 PM
You forgot Streets of rage. How fun would be in a 3D environment to enter in a fight with punks and street scum ? :D

There is also a persistent rumors that Sega might publish some DC games on Xbox Live. They are as big as a demo 600-900MB and would run on an emulator. The rumor is partially confirmed by some comments left on xbox.com

Edge
05-06-06, 11:52 AM
Hmm, that's interesting, although I wonder what the game would be like. Hope they actually follow through on this unlike Altered Beast for the PS2.

russ_3d
05-06-06, 07:28 PM
i would love to have streets of rage or golden axe on the next gens.. with ridiculous poly counts, shaders and silky smooth action :drool: