PDA

View Full Version : Good Riddance Netbust and Pentium D!!!!!

Maverickman
05-05-06, 04:00 PM
Now that Intel will finally retire the miserable Netbust architecture and the putrid Pentium D, I may actually start thinking about building a Conroe-based system. I've been hearing that Conroe will be available this summer (July), but we can only wait and see. Has anyone heard the speeds of the Conroe (Intel Core) CPU? I've heard it will be available at speeds up to 2.13GHz, but I'm hoping for higher. At any speed, it should be a challenge for AMD and hopefully make us all forget the woeful Netbust architecture!!!!

Son Goku
05-05-06, 04:37 PM
Yeah, like many others (and I wasn't really impressed with netburst), I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Conroe will bring to the table... Might be a nice boost to em distributed computing projects. Gotta get something to boost em stats :rofl

Maverickman
05-05-06, 09:21 PM
Intel should be sued for putting together such a worthless piece of crap as the Pentium D 8xx series.

jAkUp
05-05-06, 10:04 PM
Intel should be sued for putting together such a worthless piece of crap as the Pentium D 8xx series.

ahahhahahah

Intel17
05-06-06, 05:34 AM

Heh, I just built a Pentium D 805 rig (the chip cost me $120), and it's a hell of an overclocker...2.66->3.4 on stock voltage.

It's also a great performer. So I don't see why the PD 8xx is bad.

Maverickman
05-06-06, 09:57 AM
If you're going budget, I guess you're O.K. Otherwise, I'd steer clear of the Pentium Dog, CPU. COmpared to the A64 X2, it's definitely budget!!!

Goran
05-07-06, 01:42 PM
Now that Intel will finally retire the miserable Netbust architecture and the putrid Pentium D, I may actually start thinking about building a Conroe-based system. I've been hearing that Conroe will be available this summer (July), but we can only wait and see. Has anyone heard the speeds of the Conroe (Intel Core) CPU? I've heard it will be available at speeds up to 2.13GHz, but I'm hoping for higher. At any speed, it should be a challenge for AMD and hopefully make us all forget the woeful Netbust architecture!!!!

In July we will get 4 Conroes (Intel Core?) between 1.8 up to 2.66GHz with 1066 FSB. Later on this year around Q4 (could be sooner too!) we will get Conroe "Xtreme Edition" and it's said that these will be between 2.8 and 3.33 GHz with 1333 FSB. Time will tell, but it looks to be a very interesting second half of this year :)

DCult
05-08-06, 03:40 AM
Newest official info at anandtech.com shows a roadmap with Conroe (now officially Core 2 Duo and Core 2 extreme) where both Duo and extreme editions are launching in July simultaneously.