PDA

View Full Version : Help....me....

AdmiralHalsey..
05-05-06, 10:43 PM
Hey guys. I just got my second 7900gt, an xfx to be precise, and I paired it with my bfg. I thought performace was going to increase. Was that a bad assuption?:( I get LESS in 3dmark 03 than with a single card, and I also got wierd flickering and a corrupted bar at the top of my screen. I know nothing about sli, except that i finally have it, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? I reinstalled my drivers, enabled sli, restarted windows, and it shows that its enabled. HELP!:cry: P.S. I also decreased my overclock to a sane level, back to what my new card came at.

Demanufakture
05-05-06, 10:47 PM
Do the cards have the same Bios version. I don't have SLI but I am pretty sure that you need identical Bios versions to mismatch brands. Correct me if I am wrong somebody.

AdmiralHalsey..
05-05-06, 10:53 PM
I have no idea, since the nv control panel only list one bios version, I'll assume they're the same. I don't have a floppy drive, so flashing is out of the question anyway, thanks though.:)

SLippe
05-05-06, 11:31 PM
Do they have the same clock speeds? That matters.

AdmiralHalsey..
05-05-06, 11:55 PM
No, they don't have the same clock speeds by default. One is 475gpu and one is 520 gpu, but I overclocked both[I guess?] to 520. I'll probobly vmod the other card tonight so I can get more performance. How is the load balancing supposed to look? Its just a small vertical bar,1 inch wide, in the left of the screen for me. I still have the 3dmark03 problem, but I just palyed fear at 1280 by 960, all maxed with soft shadows on and never got below 50fps, so maybe it did work? How do you switch between afr and split screen anyway? and thanks Slippe