PDA

View Full Version : Interstellar Marines on UE3 Plus Trailer

mullet
05-06-06, 10:58 AM
http://www.interstellarmarines.com

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/images/screenshots/large/ss6_1024x576_zps_moonbase.jpg

|MaguS|
05-06-06, 11:14 AM
Looks interesting, The gameplay and "most" of the graphics looks great, very Republic Commando like. One thing that could use work though are the character models, very fake looking but everything else looks sweet.

OWA
05-06-06, 11:49 AM
Wow, that (the trailer) looks great!

JohnEJohn
05-06-06, 11:55 AM
Remember seeing some screenies for this a while back. Looks like a very interesting game. I just wish the name wasn't so damn generic.

jAkUp
05-06-06, 12:09 PM
Yes, the trailer looks fantastic.

Although, I seriously wonder if that is ingame and/or wonder if that is what the final game will actually look like :(

A few things look just too good.

myshkinbob
05-06-06, 12:23 PM
Where did you guys see the trailer?

The one just released on gametrailers.com has a green warning screen at the beginning explaining that it's a pre-rendered demo of gameplay made within realtime limitations.

In short, it's not in-game footage, only a representation.

JohnEJohn
05-06-06, 12:25 PM
Yes, the trailer looks fantastic.

Although, I seriously wonder if that is ingame and/or wonder if that is what the final game will actually look like :(

A few things look just too good.

Agreed some parts look a little too advanced. But i noticed some aliasing so maybe it is in game?

One can only hope

Edit ^ you got that in just before I posted

SH64
05-06-06, 12:42 PM
very Republic Commando like.
^

|MaguS|
05-06-06, 12:45 PM
Where did you guys see the trailer?

The one just released on gametrailers.com has a green warning screen at the beginning explaining that it's a pre-rendered demo of gameplay made within realtime limitations.

But the graphics are very doable... Nothing looks out of reach at all. I mean its running on the UE3 and we have seen what that engine can do...

myshkinbob
05-06-06, 12:47 PM
here you go, link to HD E3 trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10361&type=wmv

and the intro states....

http://www.vapulus.com/w900i/games/bscap0001.jpg

I do agree it looks very do-able though, especially in UE3. Still anything pre-rendered needs viewing with a grain of salt. Tends to make a game look very fluid and clean, and well lit. :)

Marvel_us
05-06-06, 01:00 PM
That kinda sucks but hopefully it will turn out pretty close to the vid.

|MaguS|
05-06-06, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't dout it ending up better then the video... It had some pretty low quality models (not much detail on them) and the world textures were pretty repeative and lacking detail on many parts. Again this is the UE3 here, the only thing stopping this game from looking better then what was shown is the lack of talent from the developers...

jAkUp
05-06-06, 01:29 PM
Yea I knew it...

You can kinda tell in the way the movement is, and also, a few models, like the fire extinguisher for example, just looked too detailed, not realistic in gaming ATM.

SH64
05-10-06, 04:21 PM
Just got to watch the whole video .. AMAZING!!

I wouldn't dout it ending up better then the video... It had some pretty low quality models (not much detail on them) and the world textures were pretty repeative and lacking detail on many parts.
Dont be optimistic .. what you see is what you'll get! .. dont dream on better graphics .. actually expect an even lower quality graphics in the final game heh.

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 04:23 PM
Just got to watch the whole video .. AMAZING!!

Dont be optimistic .. what you see is what you'll get! .. dont dream on better graphics .. actually expect an even lower quality graphics in the final game heh.

Nah, Its on the Unreal 3 Engine so it can easily look better... we have seen better already.

jolle
05-10-06, 04:45 PM
Yea I knew it...

You can kinda tell in the way the movement is, and also, a few models, like the fire extinguisher for example, just looked too detailed, not realistic in gaming ATM.
But it sais "game content", which SHOULD mean same models, textures, normalmaps etc..
And "real-time" restrictions imply no fancy materials that wont work as realtime shaders.. shadow quality is prolly the most affected, seems they even cut down on texturefiltering at render, got some aliasing going on at places, and that is definatly not default behavior on a offline renderer.
Texture resolution didnt look very high, and the human faces were pretty ugly acctually, and the sky was a bit blurry..
Seems the reason for prerendering was to get a trailer together as fast as possible, opposed to script it all together in the gametools and run it live.. cause if they wanted to make it look better than its supposed to, they could have done alot more to it.

Much like most of the screens it gave a sortof "untextured" impression, like they simply didnt bother with textures on alot of the surfaces, tho Im sure they are there..

Quickstar
05-11-06, 12:57 PM

God damnit. This is really getting out of hand. They did they same thing with Red Steel. First they showed this great video with amazing AI and animation. Then later I see the developers play it in real time and it just isn't the same. This E3 has been more disappointment then anything else mostly because devlopers over-promise and under-deliver.