PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Unlimited on Marketplace!

kaltek
05-08-06, 11:21 AM
Downloading! (nana2) (483.17MB)

Loads of new trailers too.

LiquidX
05-08-06, 11:25 AM
I guess you were first.:) I am really looking forward to this.

CrazyIvan
05-08-06, 11:31 AM
I guess you were first.:) I am really looking forward to this.
Me too, downloading now.

BioHazZarD
05-08-06, 12:17 PM
well darn slow as hell ( haha what a suprise :D )

CrazyIvan
05-08-06, 12:21 PM
well darn slow as hell ( haha what a suprise :D )
Yeah it's gonna be a rough week for all live servers over the world. I am at 70%, but progress is very slow.

CrazyIvan
05-08-06, 01:04 PM
Download has finished, but it was very slow in the end. I'll post my first impressions in a couple of minutes.

Toss3
05-08-06, 01:18 PM
Yey thanks :) gotten tired of playing oblivion all the time, so this could spice things up a bit! :D

kaltek
05-08-06, 01:27 PM
The game is great imo. The car handles well (only tried the lambo so far), maybe not realisticly well, but it's pretty perfect for this type of game. Graphics are pretty damn sweet as well.

The only downside to the demo is that you can only play 15minutes at a time!!! Baaaaa :thumbdwn:

CrazyIvan
05-08-06, 01:34 PM
So, tried it and what i saw is pretty good so far, but i am not convinced if i should buy it. Graphics are good, but more AF wouldn't hurt. Controls are easy to learn and precise. There is a 15min time limit, you start at your home (you play some chick in the demo), in the garage you can choose between three cars and then it starts. Via GPS you can either directly teleport to a competition or you just drive away (comparable to NFS), a woman voice (like in a navigation system) directs you. I need to play more to get a better opinion, but so far i am not too thrilled about it, i am only talking about sp so far, the mp server wasn't online yet.

edit: played a bit more and it's growing on me (the replay mode is nice).

BioHazZarD
05-08-06, 01:51 PM
I give up im at 97% and the freaking thing never goes up.. sooner or later i get a message that it got interrupted... so far over 10 times i keep trying...

PeterJensen
05-08-06, 01:55 PM
Very nice game imo. I could get really hooked on this. I'm SO in love with the Shelby. WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

kaltek
05-08-06, 01:56 PM
you play some chick in the demo

Whaa.?? I'm a dude in the demo ?

EDIT: Just started it up again and now I'm a chick. So the demo let's you play as both, randomly it seems.

LiquidX
05-08-06, 03:22 PM
I wished there was a little more AA but the graphics are ok. The controls feel right and I really like the drive around aspect. There is something very relaxing about it.

OWA
05-08-06, 05:15 PM
The lack of AA is disappointing. The ****pit view is pretty nice though and minimizes that issue. It's a fun demo but I'm not sure if I'll pick up the game or not.

ENU291
05-08-06, 05:18 PM
The graphics seem far from next-gen to me. PGR3 has better visuals then this in my opinion.

agentkay
05-08-06, 05:32 PM
So its visually worse than PGR3? The TDU screenshots looked impressive and not far from PGR3 at all. Actually IŽd say the car models looked better than in PGR3 but that were just screenshots and not the demo. :confused:

How about gameplay? Is the handling of the cars more or less realistic than the cars in PGR3? Is the handling of the cars all understeery and on rails like in most arcarde racers or is it possible to weight/powershift from understeering to oversteering in corners? Is there a damage model that affects the performance of the cars?

brady
05-08-06, 06:18 PM
The lack of AA is disappointing. The ****pit view is pretty nice though and minimizes that issue. It's a fun demo but I'm not sure if I'll pick up the game or not.

There seems to be a general lack of AA in alot of 360 titles. It's bothering me.

agentkay
05-09-06, 01:39 PM
How about gameplay? Is the handling of the cars more or less realistic than the cars in PGR3? Is the handling of the cars all understeery and on rails like in most arcarde racers or is it possible to weight/powershift from understeering to oversteering in corners? Is there a damage model that affects the performance of the cars?

(bump) Come on guys, how is the handling of the (demo) cars compared to PGR3? TIA!

raystorm
05-09-06, 06:29 PM
I really hope there is an updated demo with the final code cause this demo was totally unimpressive. The graphics are just garbage and looks like a damn xbox game with HDR added. Hideous popup all over, no anisotropy filtering (a trend with 360 games that I hope it cured in future games), lack of AA. Just crap like most Test Drive games.

I'll give it a pass until I see a demo with the final code.