PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live not ready for E3

ENU291
05-08-06, 05:03 PM
As of right now (5:00PM EST) you can not download anything from the marketplace. Seems like the MS servers can not handle the E3 load. Such a shame. They should have been prepared for the massive amounts of downloads.

GamerGuyX
05-08-06, 05:17 PM
Everything is downloading perfectly fine for me. Just downloaded the Test Drive: Unlimited demo in record time and am now downloading the high-def Brother's In Arms Hell's Highway trailer. :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I also downloaded the new E3 Dead Rising trailer in that time as well.

ENU291
05-08-06, 05:20 PM
Maybe the problem is with the east coast. I'm in NYC and Live is dead in the water over here.

OWA
05-08-06, 05:38 PM
Looks like I'm able to download stuff although it seems to be going pretty slowly.

ENU291
05-08-06, 05:43 PM
Looks like it's back up from me too. Maybe a temporary issue. Hopefully this won't be a reoccuring problem.

toxikneedle
05-08-06, 05:55 PM
I can't download anything the whole day, keeps saying connection lost for me. This is pissing me off.

brady
05-08-06, 07:20 PM
I'm in Virginia and things have been working ok for me. Although, I've only downloaded a few trailers.

PeterJensen
05-09-06, 01:30 AM
As of right now (5:00PM EST) you can not download anything from the marketplace. Seems like the MS servers can not handle the E3 load. Such a shame. They should have been prepared for the massive amounts of downloads.

Maybe you should calm down. you have ONE issue with downloading and u get to that Xlive is not ready for E3.... Jesus.

msxyz
05-09-06, 02:24 AM
I've tried all the three accounts I have (US, Eu and Jp) and the Us one was slowed down for good. Usually, for me, the slowest to use is the Jp one.

Obviously a lot of people (which usually don't use Live feature) decided to connect their Xbox360 just to download the demos and trailers from E3.

It seems that the Live infrastructure is not ready yet for its prime time.

ENU291
05-09-06, 09:16 AM
Maybe you should calm down. you have ONE issue with downloading and u get to that Xlive is not ready for E3.... Jesus.
If you would have bothered to check the Xbox Live forums you would have noticed and there was a huge amount of complaints about the Marketplace discconecting users when they attempted to download E3 content yesterday. Please check the facts before posting.