PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Reaction to Sony Press Briefing

PeterJensen
05-09-06, 03:58 AM
http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1573/E3-2006-Microsoft-Reaction-to-Sony-Press-Briefing/p1

“We actually had a very similar product on the market for the PC – the (Sidewinder) Freestyle Pro.”, Kim recollected. “It was a great controller for a very specific set of games, but wasn’t accepted as an overall controller. We considered the technology when developing the Xbox 360, but felt it wasn’t the way to go.”

“They talked a lot about building an online community, which is something we’ve already established very well on Xbox Live. Surprisingly, they didn’t mention anything about their online gameplay structure.”

“I’d say you can expect a lot of leadership to be demonstrated tomorrow.”, proclaimed Kim. “We are in a good position with our first-party lineup, not to mention the stellar support from our third-party partners.”

|MaguS|
05-09-06, 04:02 AM
Yeah the expected response... no competitor is ever going to praise the other on anything. What did you expect him to say, "Holy ****! Did you see MGS4 and FFXIII?!?!"

Sony did the same thing with the X360... What I want to see is Nintendo's response, lol. Their going to be pissed...

Nintendo Rep: "Those Little son of a bitches! They stole our ****ing idea! Hey Miyamoto lets go break some legs..."

Miyamoto: "**** yea! Those ****ing commies are going down!!!" (while beating a bat into his open palm)

PeterJensen
05-09-06, 04:06 AM
Yeah the expected response... no competitor is ever going to praise the other on anything. What did you expect him to say, "Holy ****! Did you see MGS4 and FFXIII?!?!"

Sony did the same thing with the X360... What I want to see is Nintendo's response, lol. Their going to be pissed...

Nintendo Rep: "Those Little son of a bitches! They stole our ****ing idea! Hey Miyamoto lets go break some legs..."

Miyamoto: "**** yea! Those ****ing commies are going down!!!" (while beating a bat into his open palm)

Well he is right in his points.

Edge
05-09-06, 04:56 AM

What did you expect them to say? "Oh, yeah, we came up with the idea first, but we're happy that they decided to copy us"?

|MaguS|
05-09-06, 05:01 AM
What did you expect them to say? "Oh, yeah, we came up with the idea first, but we're happy that they decided to copy us"?

Erk... I expected the response that he gave... thats why I stated "Yeah the expected response..."

msxyz
05-09-06, 05:37 AM
Somehow I believe at Redmond everyone is much happier now.

There were no need of stark comments about the competition since Microsoft suddenly finds itself in a much better position against the PS3 than everyone anticipated.

Proof is the mixed reactions that Sony conference provoked. 7 years ago, when the PS2 was unveiled, it was an entirely different story.

Shamrock
05-09-06, 05:40 AM
"Congraturations Team America, you have stopped nutting"

:p (nana2)

|MaguS|
05-09-06, 05:41 AM
I think most of the mix reactions are mainly due to alot not being clarified... So much is still unknown and people were expect alot more news that just never was there.

I know I wish they atleast had a launch lineup...