PDA

View Full Version : Can't enable Dualview with GeForce4

chrisbr40
05-09-06, 10:30 AM
Help ?

Recently bought a 2nd monitor and I'm trying to set up multi-display config. Having a problem with difference in resolutions between two displays. (1680 x 1050 max res on one display vs 1280 x 1024 on second display). nView will only allow one (lower) resolution in Span mode. I think (?) the solution would be to use Dualview feature of Windows but try as I might I can't seem to enable this feature.

nView/Display Settings only shows four options under Display Mode: Single Display, Clone, , Horizontal Span, and Vertical Span (no Dualview) and Windows Display Properties/Settings Panel only shows a single display. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling ForceWare drivers with no change. Any one have any ideas?

System Info

PC: Sony Vaio PCV-RX891
Processor: Pentium 4 2.8GHz
DirextX: DirectX 9.0 or better
Graphics Card: GeForce4 MX 440
Video BIOS: 4.17.00.52
Bus: AGP 4X
Mem: 64MB
ForceWare ver: 84.21
Primary Display: Dell 2007WFP (1680 x 1050 max res)
Secondary Display: Sony SDM-S71 (1280 x 1024 max res)

ricercar
05-10-06, 06:35 PM
My kneejerk reaction is that you have a configuration (software) problem, because I've been using GF4 MX 420, 440, and 460 (NV17, NV18) in DualView for years. The hardware _does_ do DualView.

You may have a mixture of Microsoft OS and NVIDIA drivers. This is always bad.
1) Boot in safe mode,
2) remove NVIDIA video drivers,
3) Reboot into safe mode

--- IMPORTANT ---
DO NOT LET THE Windows HW WIZARD INSTALL DRIVERS AUTOMATICALLY! Reboot into safe mode and remove drivers if you are not prompted to install from a specific location that you can choose.

4) install your downloaded NVIDIA drivers, using the "install from a specific location" of the New Hardware wizard, or double-click the Setup.exe in your downloaded driver driectory.

If you have continuing problems with the 8x.xx series, I'd suggest that you go to the NVIDIA.com driver archive and try the pre-ForceWare driver versions 43.03, 46.xx, or 53.03 to see if you can get DualView.