PDA

View Full Version : UT2007 for 360 confirmed!

Pages : [1] 2

slick
05-09-06, 11:32 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/e32006/xbox360titles.htm

While UT2007 coming to the 360 is a good thing for the console itself, I really have no interest for it, on any console. The game was and is made to be played on a PC, it just doesn't suit a controller well. PC->Console FPS ports are generally sub par, since they are designed to be played on a PC, same condition applies to Console->PC FPS ports (we all remember Halo on the PC...) Games are tailored to the main system on which it will be played. UT is just a reflex game, very faced paced, and I don't think those kinds of FPS's meld well with consoles.

That's just IMO of course. :D

evilchris
05-09-06, 11:41 PM
FPS on consoles work great. I'm sorry you're not intelligent enough to figure out how to use a controller.

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 12:24 AM
Wonder if it will be cross platform gameplay, Would love to guy 3 versions and have a lan between my X360, PS3 and PC.

Danhill
05-10-06, 05:10 AM
And I would be the most sucky player there.

nekrosoft13
05-10-06, 05:15 AM
Wonder if it will be cross platform gameplay, Would love to guy 3 versions and have a lan between my X360, PS3 and PC.

that would be great, Console players would get their asses kicked (nana2) maybe then they would realize that gamepads suck for FPS

sytaylor
05-10-06, 05:39 AM
Halo could be a possible exception, it has quite an in depth community

ENU291
05-10-06, 06:41 AM
I was under the impression that UT2007 would initially be an exclusive to the PS3 (in regards to the console world). This news is somewhat suprising.

a12ctic
05-10-06, 07:04 AM
FPS on consoles work great. I'm sorry you're not intelligent enough to figure out how to use a controller.
LOL Is this a troll? I can never get the sensativitly on a controler right :(

slick
05-10-06, 07:56 AM

Haha. I've never had anything against you, but you're just being a trolling asshole now. I know how to work a controller very well thank you very much, and twitch shooters like UT designed to be played on a PC are NEVER as fun on a console as they are on a PC.

Tygerwoody
05-10-06, 08:09 AM
My Xbox360 is faster than your Xbox360. I use Monster Cables and have an LCD TV that makes every game I play automatically scale to 1080p because I overclocked it. I know you are too inferior to understand what scaling or overclocking is so I won't bother trying to explain it to you.

/trollgirlchris

ENU291
05-10-06, 08:19 AM
My Xbox360 is faster than your Xbox360. I use Monster Cables and have an LCD TV that makes every game I play automatically scale to 1080p because I overclocked it. I know you are too inferior to understand what scaling or overclocking is so I won't bother trying to explain it to you.

/trollgirlchris
:eek: Ouch!

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 09:21 AM
UT2K7 can be played with the mouse and keyboard most likely on the consoles... both the X360 and the PS3 have USB ports.

nekrosoft13
05-10-06, 09:35 AM
Haha. I've never had anything against you, but you're just being a trolling asshole now. I know how to work a controller very well thank you very much, and twitch shooters like UT designed to be played on a PC are NEVER as fun on a console as they are on a PC.

NOW? when wasn't he a troll?

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 10:02 AM
NOW? when wasn't he a troll?
He's less of one then you are... aswell as correct on the subject at hand. FPS do work great on consoles as long as they are developed with the console in mind.

If they plan to allow multiple platform to play eachother (which I dout due to Xbox Live and PS3 "Live" not being compatible) then an option for mouse+keyboard is nessecary.

(Holy Crap, Im defending evilchris)

Buenamos
05-10-06, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I'm tired of his smartass comments too. It's either from him or from zelda fan. Anyways, don't want to steal the thread, so I gotta say I really excited for this. Even though I'm not much of a fan for the UT series, Microsoft is really getting a great line-up of games for this generation. Not only do they have a price advantage against Sony, but they got they got some great titles coming and the system power too. Can't wait to go order my PS3 though cause u know they'll have some nice exclusives.

nekrosoft13
05-10-06, 02:33 PM
He's less of one then you are... aswell as correct on the subject at hand. FPS do work great on consoles as long as they are developed with the console in mind.

If they plan to allow multiple platform to play eachother (which I dout due to Xbox Live and PS3 "Live" not being compatible) then an option for mouse+keyboard is nessecary.

first off all I'm not a troll, second of all hes not correct on the subject.

"I'm sorry you're not intelligent enough to figure out how to use a controller."

any game can be played with a controller, but doesn't mean it was meant to be played with one, keyboard+mouse combo will always give you better accuracy. I agreed with slick and Tygerwoody

slick
05-10-06, 02:46 PM

But that's exactly what I'm saying... Since when has UT EVER been designed with a console in mind?

And Microsoft has already said no KB/M for the 360.

gravioli
05-10-06, 06:22 PM
But that's exactly what I'm saying... Since when has UT EVER been designed with a console in mind?

Apparently, since this installment will be released on the PS3 and 360, it will be designed with consoles in mind. If you haven't read the latest IGN interview (http://pc.ign.com/articles/705/705569p1.html), you should check it out. Sounds like they really have console controls in mind on this installment. :)

GamerGuyX
05-10-06, 06:37 PM
And Microsoft has already said no KB/M for the 360.

Which is fine in my eyes because I prefer a controller over a KB&M for any type of game.

Tygerwoody
05-11-06, 06:31 AM
Which is fine in my eyes because I prefer a controller over a KB&M for any type of game.
Duhhh.... Thats because you aren't intelligent enough to use a Keyboard and Mouse. Ya huk! Ya huk! :retard:

Banko
05-11-06, 02:39 PM
Just to let you guys know in an interview yesterday with an Epic dev on gamespot it is not coming to the 360.

brady
05-11-06, 03:54 PM
Just to let you guys know in an interview yesterday with an Epic dev on gamespot it is not coming to the 360.

:rofl

|MaguS|
05-11-06, 08:24 PM

But MS said it was!

slick
05-11-06, 08:46 PM
Well someone is lying here. I don't see any reason it shouldn't come to the 360. UE3 already runs great, and they have the Live service for it.

|MaguS|
05-11-06, 08:49 PM
Well that "Epic dev" needs to pay attention to whats going on, because it most certainly is coming to the 360.

I gotta say though, Like Assassins Creed, the only way it was announced in coming to the X360 was through Microsoft. Both games have only been stated to be releasing for PS3 and/or PC by the developers.

Im not talking about Gamespot or IGNs listing but what the actual developers have stated.