PDA

View Full Version : Who here will be buying a Playstation 3 at launch? (Nov 17th)

Pages : [1] 2

ENU291
05-10-06, 02:35 PM
This will be the first console (other than the Gamecube) that I will NOT be pre-ordering and picking up on launch day. My reasoning behind this is that Blu Ray video is not something I am dying to get right away and all the Playstation exclusive games that I am looking for will not be launch titles (Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, Grand Turismo etc). Most likely I'll pick a PS3 up after E3 in 2007.

Toss3
05-10-06, 02:41 PM
This will be the first console (other than the Gamecube) that I will NOT be pre-ordering and picking up on launch day. My reasoning behind this is that Blu Ray video is not something I am dying to get right away and all the Playstation exclusive games that I am looking for will not be launch titles (Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, Grand Turismo etc). Most likely I'll pick a PS3 up after E3 in 2007.
I agree with you reasoning, but I can't resist the temptation... :( And I don't even have an HDTV yet!

LiquidX
05-10-06, 02:51 PM
There is good chance if I can find one I will buy it. Blu-Ray means nothing to me at this point so it will be the games that matter.

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 02:58 PM
Yup! I need my Heavenly Sword (better be a Fing launch title)

msxyz
05-10-06, 03:05 PM
Nope, not enough good titles tempting me to burn 600$ for that thing.

Maybe in a couple of year (when the price will be also lower) I might consider buying it but for now the Xbox 360 still seems a better investment.

ENU291
05-10-06, 03:06 PM
4 replies but only 3 votes? Doesn't make sense. Vote people!

Bad_Boy
05-10-06, 03:14 PM
Getting one at launch, 600 dollar version.
Yup! I need my Heavenly Sword (better be a Fing launch title)
It's coming out in 2007. :/

Ninjaman09
05-10-06, 03:17 PM
When the price is justifiable I will get one without a doubt.

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 03:31 PM

MOTHER****ER

Guess I will preorder one but if the launch lineup is lacking I might not pick it up...

lightman
05-10-06, 03:49 PM
I'm gonna preorder one 599 euro, then immediately sell it on e-bay ;)

Yeah, people that desperately want a ps3 at launch day (well, not only a ps3, any high-end console), must be spanked, hard. :D

OWA
05-10-06, 05:10 PM
I'll probably go to a store and see if there are any available. If so, probably buy one but I won't do anything like stand in line, order online or go out of my way to get one on launch day.

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 05:55 PM

It might release at launch actually.... take a look at this.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707248p1.html

Here's a quick report of the PS3 games we have been able to take a glance at and their states of completion.

Heavenly Sword -- 50%

With 7 months left if they work hard (or are showing an older build at the show) the game might be ready for launch.

uOpt
05-10-06, 06:12 PM
No way in hell. Sony is deep in my blacklist of vendors not to buy from.

Do they have to invent everything just for the purpose of creating incompatibilities?

I'd rather get an Xbox, and me saying I get a MS product means something.

GamerGuyX
05-10-06, 06:23 PM
I buy all consoles on launch day so the PS3 and Wii will be no exception.

aAv7
05-10-06, 06:34 PM
i'll eventually buy a ps3 even though i'm one of only a hand-ful ballsy enough to say ps2 sucked and is the most overrated pos console to date.

But no way i'll touch it on launch, not after all the first gen ps2 defects and the first gen 360 defects....i'll give them time to smooth out the kinks.

Now Wii on the other hand, nintendo builds a system to survive a toliet flushing....you cant go wrong with first or seventh gen with them

|MaguS|
05-10-06, 06:55 PM
Now Wii on the other hand, nintendo builds a system to survive a toliet flushing....you cant go wrong with first or seventh gen with them

True but its always better to buy Nintendo consoles on launch... they might just remove a feature in the later revisions that everyone likes (Digital Port on Cube Anyone?).

Mr. Hunt
05-10-06, 07:55 PM
i'll eventually buy a ps3 even though i'm one of only a hand-ful ballsy enough to say ps2 sucked and is the most overrated pos console to date.

But no way i'll touch it on launch, not after all the first gen ps2 defects and the first gen 360 defects....i'll give them time to smooth out the kinks.

I think Nintendo consoles last so long because the hardware is poo and you never play it except once every 6 months for the one decent first party game that may come out.

Bad_Boy
05-10-06, 10:00 PM
It might release at launch actually.... take a look at this.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707248p1.html

With 7 months left if they work hard (or are showing an older build at the show) the game might be ready for launch.
Well, considering the lastest Developer interview on gametrailers.com said a 2007 release for heavenly sword(dated may 9th i beleive), I wouldnt bet on it.

MOTHER****ER

Guess I will preorder one but if the launch lineup is lacking I might not pick it up...
well, it should be out early 2007, so its not all bad. think Q1 07.

Mr_LoL
05-11-06, 02:01 AM
I will definately buy on on launch day. I need a hdtv and a new graphics card for my PC (for Crysis) as well so thats al least 1200 I am looking at.

|MaguS|
05-11-06, 02:14 AM
Use your monitor, that way you can atleast run the games that support 1080p at their best resolution! ^_^

lightman
05-11-06, 02:35 AM
<offtopic (almost)>
Do they have to invent everything just for the purpose of creating incompatibilities
I'd rather get an Xbox, and me saying I get a MS product means something.

Funny how you put "incompatibilities" and "Microsoft" almost in the same sentence... Microsoft is the one when it comes to "create incompatibilities" just to be able to get in an even more monopolistic position...

</offtopic (almost)>

Rakeesh
05-11-06, 03:20 AM
Hah for $600? Screw that. It better come with three of the best victorias secret models I've ever seen or else it isn't even worth a quarter of that price.

Bad_Boy
05-11-06, 05:05 AM
Hah for $600? Screw that. It better come with three of the best victorias secret models I've ever seen or else it isn't even worth a quarter of that price.
err, your saying ps3 isnt worth $150.
lol, ok.

Peoples-Agent
05-11-06, 06:18 AM
I will definately buy on on launch day. I need a hdtv and a new graphics card for my PC (for Crysis) as well so thats al least 1200 I am looking at.

Feel the pain there dude.

But this might give you more incentive.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/126038/eight_days_e3_2k6_trailer/

Eight Days for PS3....

OMFG wow!

LurkerLito
05-11-06, 10:09 AM
Definately going to get on the launch day but only if I can get the 60GB version. I still am not sure where I will preorder one.