PDA

View Full Version : SLI, Am I doing something wrong..?

[TrollFX]
05-10-06, 11:49 PM
Ok, first off , let me just say..this is my first gamble with sli,so Im really a bigtime newb with sli . I understand the profiles, etc, but just about every game I play has some type of corruption . Elder Scrolls 4, same thing, area 51 with sli same thing there, only game that does not do this is Q4..any suggestions..?

AMD X2 4200+
SLI Compatible Certified from nvidia antec 550 watt sli PSU
2 X 7900 GT EVGA CO edition cards

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

whiskeychaser
05-11-06, 12:15 AM
I am new to sli too. I had a texture corruption issue with oblivion also. The way I fixed it was to remove my ini. file from my documents/my games/oblivion and start the game up(it will create a new ini with default values.) good luck!

garikfox
05-11-06, 02:31 AM
Go into CP. (With 84.56 of course !.) :)

Put too <Advanced>

Then Scroll too Bottom, Put Too <SLI Antialising>

Scroll back too top.

Then put too like me, SLIx16

AF = x16

V-Sync = On

SuperSampling !

Enjoy !

[TrollFX]
05-11-06, 05:42 AM
See, what I don't understand is this, I start with a fresh reformatt and install of xp 32 bit etc , all drivers installed , and when I start up oblivion it gets corrupted , but then If I restart the game it works fine until the next level loads up..using 84.21 drivers . Why am I getting corruption anyways..? Im selecting the oblivion profile to be used etc .

nippyjun
05-11-06, 09:51 AM
']See, what I don't understand is this, I start with a fresh reformatt and install of xp 32 bit etc , all drivers installed , and when I start up oblivion it gets corrupted , but then If I restart the game it works fine until the next level loads up..using 84.21 drivers . Why am I getting corruption anyways..? Im selecting the oblivion profile to be used etc .

Consider trying the newer drivers. I think the ones that came out after the 84.21's had a fix for oblivion.

[TrollFX]
05-12-06, 05:50 AM
Just would like to let everyone know that I fixed my problem, come to find out , these evga 7900gt's are highly unstable(just read the evga forums), they need a bios update to fix a voltage increase for the factory overclocking done by EVGA, I opted not to load the bios update, instead was told to underclock the card by 10mhz on the core, then on the memory, seems to have fixed it..lmao .