PDA

View Full Version : GRAW Patch 1 - 1.06

Peoples-Agent
05-11-06, 04:15 PM
Here ya go folks!

First of many patches for Graw....

http://patches.ubi.com/ghost_recon_advanced_warfighter/

Fixes

* Client no longer receives "CD key rejected" message when server dies in coop.
* Crosscom border now correctly disappears when spawning into AI ghost in coop.
* Fixed issues with leaving mission area in coop.
* Fixed in-mission inventory issues that could cause double gun objects.
* Player nicknames are now correctly shortened to fit Ghost leader HUD in coop.
* A memory leak occurring in certain situations when playing Domination has been sealed.
* Ghost AI is now less likely to stare at the walls when taking cover.
* Adjusted map settings and glitches on missions 3, 4 and 10.
* Certain animations have been corrected.
* Adjusted sounds for certain objects.
* Some text strings have been added or corrected.

More linkys for Retail & Download Version....

http://browse.files.filefront.com/%20Tom+Clancys+Ghost+Recon+Advanced+Warfighter+Off icial+Patches/;1623769;/browsefiles.html

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/ghostrecon3/downloads/

K-1
05-11-06, 11:43 PM
heh, took me a second (ok maybe longer, it's been a long day...) to figure out why there were two files, but i finally realized the download one is for people who bought the game off Direct2Drive or something, while retail is for folks with a box and disc.

jAkUp
05-12-06, 01:56 AM
No TDM? :(

Superfly
05-12-06, 02:35 AM
MP update is comming in June.

Peoples-Agent
05-12-06, 05:14 AM
YaaY! and now my saved game don't work!

That's just killed all interest in the Single Player, time for MP ....oh no, wait.

Superfly
05-12-06, 05:16 AM
rofl - uninstall then re-install without the patch - finish the SP then patch up again.

Peoples-Agent
05-12-06, 05:19 AM
This is going to be one of those fine wine games, rubbish to begin with, but good down the line.

Until then I have more fun scraping my toe nails against the hot fireplace than playing this travesty of a game. LoL

The only AA i'm likely to get in the next few years is Alcoholics Anonymous.

dante
05-13-06, 11:26 AM
This is going to be one of those fine wine games, rubbish to begin with, but good down the line.

Until then I have more fun scraping my toe nails against the hot fireplace than playing this travesty of a game. LoL

The only AA i'm likely to get in the next few years is Alcoholics Anonymous.
Im with you on this one. Im actually very disappointed with myself for buying this game without trying the demo. Ubi has the nerve to charge top buck for a game that looks like its from 1998. Without a doubt the biggest let down since the Deus Ex Invisible War game. That one I tried the demo and decided not to buy it. This time, I was so convinced the game was going to be good(judging by the screenhsots it looked nice) I just went out and got it. I just cant play the game it looks so horrible. I didnt buy a sli board and $800 bucks worth of video cards to run a game that looks worse than my sons XBox games.

agentkay
05-13-06, 12:56 PM
Other than missing AA and being a resource hog, I donīt know what is so ugly in this game?

It has top animations and models and especially the weapon models are the best and most realistic that I saw in a PC game. While some world textures are only average others like the hi-res Ghost textures and weapon textures are very good. The Abrams tanks and Black Hawk are incredible! Detail, model and texture-wise.

The lightning and shadowing engine really impressed me in most of the levels, especially in the one level where the tank crews have to be freed. The way the light/radiosity is dynamic and reflecting off the surfaces at at certain angles looks incredibly realistic. It doesnīt look like a dull or static post-processing effect.

Some of the particle and smoke effects are really nice as well. Go a house wall and look up and start to shoot the wall and see how stone or glass (if windows are shot) particles are raining down on you. I havenīt seen something like that in another game as well.

The car damage model is a refreshing new feature as well. Finally a PC game where you donīt have some static invincible cars. The physics are nice. Its satisfying to watch one of your team mates change a magazine and see it bounce off the ground or a wall.

Do I have to say something about the sounds? Didnīt think so, because they are amazing.

Does the game have issues and flaws and short comings? Yes, it does. Is it not for everyone? Yes, it isnīt. Itīs a love or hate game, but its still a good game (8.6 on gamerankings.com), with some never-seen-before features in PC gaming.

OWA
05-13-06, 01:10 PM
Yeah, except for the lack of AA, I think it looks great.