PDA

View Full Version : nVidia 6800 graphics problem, HELP!!

cheddar_wiz
05-11-06, 03:46 PM
I am experiencing alot of artifacts and rendering problems when i run oblivion. my card is a nVidia GeoForce Go 6800 256mb, upgraded to driver 84.25 i think it is, not under or overclocked. there are pieces of walls, characters and objects all over that will have parts of them flashing as well as the artifacts looking like another wall in the middle of a room. anyone else with this problem?

agentkay
05-11-06, 04:57 PM
Can you post a screenshot? You can either make a screenshot with fraps, or edit the oblivion.ini located in "my games" folder with notepad.

1. in the oblivion.ini file, look for the line "allowscreenshot=0" and edit the 0 into a 1
2. in the game press the "print" key to make a screenshot, which is stored in the oblivion installation folder.

It does sound like thermal artifacts though, and to get rid of those you have to lower your clocks back to stock if you overclocked your nvidia card or lower the temperature in your PC by opening one side of the case. If one of these changes "removes" the artifacts, youŽll know what caused them.

Edit: Nevermind about the overclocking part, I just re-read your post and saw that its not overclocked. Sorry, IŽm tired. :p

SH64
05-11-06, 07:08 PM
Hmm for a mobile GPU you should try the latest drivers released by your laptop manufacturer.
your problem sounds to be due to overheating .. the game is very hardware demanding.

btw i have a laptop with GeForce Go 6800 256MB , but didnt try Oblivion on it.

eli
05-12-06, 04:09 AM
That game is roasting my P4 D 830, so i bought asaka evo 130 cpu cooler.
And yer use laptop drivers

cheddar_wiz
05-13-06, 12:14 PM
I am still trying to get some screen shots, i'll try again tonight. I'm deployed to iraq so its kinda hard to make time for playing oblivion

cheddar_wiz
05-24-06, 03:08 AM
Hello again, I have someone here that says i should enable coolbits and slow down my card to fix the problem. I have screen shots but forgot to bring them. More to follow.