PDA

View Full Version : I'm buying a Wii

Pages : [1] 2

oldsk00l
05-11-06, 10:08 PM
Plain and simple, looks like the best games are going to be Wii games.

I honestly think it's going to be funner than having a 360. The stuff just looks too cool.

First time I've really been excited about a console in a long time.

|MaguS|
05-11-06, 10:13 PM
Funner?!?! Gah!

I will get one aswell just because I buy all the consoles but right now the only game to interest me is Zelda.

CaptNKILL
05-11-06, 10:16 PM
Yep, it looks the most interesting to me. And since 1998 I've been strictly a PC gamer.

The way I play games, and the amount of free time I have, I dont have the money or time to devote to a crap load of real serious titles that will probably just frustrate me untill I get pissed :p

The Wii looks like itl be something new and interesting with games that will just be fun. Not something I'll sit and blow 16 hours away per day playing something really intense (that is what my PC is for), just something new.

I also like the backwards compatibility with games (since I missed the gamecube almost completely) and the ability to download all of the old ones. I've only ever played a few N64 games as well, so I really have some catching up to do.

PikachuMan
05-11-06, 11:07 PM
I'm definitely going to get one. It looks like a nice way to just chill out after a busy day.

Zelda_fan
05-11-06, 11:24 PM
this is basically what I've been preaching the last 5 months....

GamerGuyX
05-11-06, 11:54 PM
I'll be buying all the consoles like I've always planned.

Although I must admit, the Wii is at the bottom of the list for me when it comes to the big three. Can't wait for the DS Lite to be released here though...

kev13dd
05-12-06, 12:04 AM
Wanna know what we hate more than a preacher?

An "I told you so"

Especially when, just like 5 months ago, it's still all just guess work :D

K

Zelda_fan
05-12-06, 12:13 AM
Wanna know what we hate more than a preacher?

An "I told you so"

Especially when, just like 5 months ago, it's still all just guess work :D

K

if you think I'm bad now, just wait till Wii launch day.

Bad_Boy
05-12-06, 12:33 AM
if you think I'm bad now, just wait till Wii launch day.
You think im bad now...just wait till... ;)

oldsk00l
05-12-06, 06:05 AM
Link still looks like a fag.

ajay()
05-12-06, 06:42 AM
I think Nintendo have been really intelligent in their design chocies - maybe made more confident byt the success of the DS agaisnt the more technically powerful PSP.
They've also lived up to all their promises - that the games are the important thing, to innovate, and to keep fun at the heart of it and all at a reasonable price.

It's a tidy peice of competetive marketing, but when MS say you'll probably be able to buy a 360 and a wii for the price of a PS3, that's a huge plus for both companies.

DJMONDY
05-12-06, 06:53 AM
I wanna wii too!!!!!

Red steel, mario galaxy and loads of the other games look amazing and fun to play.

This system is gonna be awsome imo.

Is it november its coming out??

msxyz
05-12-06, 08:01 AM
No way I'm going to swing that controlled like an feather duster. :p

Right now there are few games (first party, mostly) that are tempting me but I won't buy them if they force the player to do stupid moves with the joypad.

Marvel_us
05-12-06, 08:49 AM
No way I'm going to swing that controlled like an feather duster. :p

Right now there are few games (first party, mostly) that are tempting me but I won't buy them if they force the player to do stupid moves with the joypad.

That's the main point of the console though.

I think I'll be picking up a Wii as well.

Tell you the truth my mom and dad has watched some of the Wii E3 videos and are kinda excited to try it out as well...they have never played games before.:)

ENU291
05-12-06, 10:18 AM
I see the Wii controller getting old real fast. As a party machine I give the Wii a good score but it will definitely not be the only console a true gamer will own. The funny thing is that I see the Wii selling more than the PS3 or Xbox360. Everyone is going to want one! I think Nintendo's strategy for this round of console releases is spot on!

Tygerwoody
05-12-06, 11:25 AM
I think this is the one thing we both have always agreed on. If you look at all old threads of people bashing the Revolution(Wii), you usually see Zelda_fan and me telling everyone how great Nintendo's system will be.

I can't even count the number of threads idiots would state "but they use the same games for every console". Yea, they use the same games. Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, etc. However, those same games are the very games I ALWAYS buy. Some games just never get old. Just give me the same game with better graphics and I'm happy ;)

de><ta
05-12-06, 11:26 AM
I am getting a Piii!

Tygerwoody
05-12-06, 11:35 AM
/just bought 100 shares of Nintendo stock($2075)

:D

Thats how confident I am in this system

Zelda_fan
05-12-06, 12:05 PM
/just bought 100 shares of Nintendo stock($2075)

:D

Thats how confident I am in this system

You know that isn't a bad idea. I don't like to play the stock market, but this time I might make an exception.

Tygerwoody
05-12-06, 02:22 PM
You know that isn't a bad idea. I don't like to play the stock market, but this time I might make an exception.
In the past 6 months they have went from $12 to $20.

Most people think Wii is the underdog, which is exactly why I believe their stocks will soar ;)

My prediction. Within a year from now their stock will be $30-$40

If i had more than $2000 to invest I would, however thats all I have to spend atm. The rest of my stock money is already in use in other places :(

LiquidX
05-12-06, 03:06 PM
I think Wii will sell big this year. I am going to preorder one as soon as I can. Also for those of you that dont want to swing the controller all over the place it does come with a regular controller that mimics the SNES, N64 and GC era.

BTW- Here is UBISOFT comercial with the two kids going crazy with the Wii controller.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QduvwetDFQ&search=rayman

Acid Rain
05-13-06, 03:07 PM
I sense a new thread impending.

"Wii full of semen! No room for game disks!!! Please help!"

Personally, I see nothing exciting about Wii whatsoever. I watched the videos of the games, and none of them look enjoyable to me, except Mario, and I am not much of a Mario guy, so...

Mathesar
05-13-06, 09:37 PM
Nintendo makes the best games period (gameplay / funfactor) I'll be purchasing a Wii as well.

Mr_LoL
05-13-06, 11:29 PM
I sense a new thread impending.

"Wii full of semen! No room for game disks!!! Please help!"

Personally, I see nothing exciting about Wii whatsoever. I watched the videos of the games, and none of them look enjoyable to me, except Mario, and I am not much of a Mario guy, so...

But Mario Kart and Mario Tennis? Both cracking games.

npras42
05-14-06, 06:38 AM
I think a Wii will defintiely make it in to my Xmas shopping list. If the price really is $200 then how can I say no. I never owned a gamecube and only a N64 late in its life (for about 30) but i still though some games looked cool and i just had to miss out. This time round I see no reason why I have to miss out. I think Ninty have really hit the sweet spot with this one. Value wise and fun factor.