PDA

View Full Version : 1Up say's "Xbox 360 is like the Deathstar"

PeterJensen
05-12-06, 05:02 AM
http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/050906.mp3

Very nice podcast. The remarks are raw and for those of you with virgin ears the "f" bomb gets dropped a few times but it's an interesting podcast.

Ohh and they gave grades...

Sony = C+

Nintendo = B

Microsoft = A

Banko
05-12-06, 05:50 AM
So does that mean the Xbox will fail by exploding?

brady
05-12-06, 06:08 AM
So does that mean the Xbox will fail by exploding?

Mine almost did.

msxyz
05-12-06, 06:58 AM
So does that mean the Xbox will fail by exploding?:lol:

Mine self destructed, but in a very soft way. Black screen, red lights. An alarm signal with a soft and calm synthetized voice pre-announcing the imminent destruction would have been cool, though. Almost sci-fi like.

evilghost
05-12-06, 07:42 AM
Someone fired a proton torpedo into the exhaust port of my Xbox 360, triggering a series of chain reactions which resulted in the explosion of the device. For a normal person this was quite a feat, however, a skilled pilot who used to bulls-eye womprats back home in his T-16 in Beggars Canyon had no issues and was even able to avoid the use of his targeting computer to the dismay of his superior officers.

|MaguS|
05-12-06, 07:45 AM
:lol:

Mine self destructed, but in a very soft way. Black screen, red lights. An alarm signal with a soft and calm synthetized voice pre-announcing the imminent destruction would have been cool, though. Almost sci-fi like.

Self-Destruct Voice: Ten... nine... eight... six...
President Skroob: Six? What happened to seven?
Self-Destruct Voice: Just kidding! Seven... six... five... four... three... two... one... have a nice day.
President Skroob, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet: Thank you.

PeterJensen
05-12-06, 09:05 AM
No it means the PS3 got is ass 0wned.

ENU291
05-12-06, 09:10 AM
It's not just 1UP that is giving Sony's conference the thumbs down. Most online review sites are pretty much in agreement that Sony failed to impress at E3 this year. The lack luster conference coupled with the $600 price tag left alot of people with a bad taste for Sony.

Mr_LoL
05-12-06, 10:01 AM
No it means the PS3 got is ass 0wned.
And when the ps3 launches, the xbox 360 will get its ass owned. I dont really care to be honest.

Zelda_fan
05-12-06, 11:21 AM
And Wii is Luke Skywalker's X-Wing!!!

msxyz
05-13-06, 04:54 AM
If the Wii takes the first spot in japan this winter season, then there might some truth in all what those Sony doom-prophets say.

Unless that becomes true, I think too many people (including some experienced insiders from the industry) understimate the power of Sony brand recognition and the ability to hold on the hearts of the gaming mass.

Brimstone7
05-13-06, 06:16 AM
Sony is still the king of console RPGs, right? I think it's difficult for Americans to understand what's going to happen in Japan because our tastes in games are so different. The Xbox 360 could be the greatest gaming console ever but if there is no Final Fantasy then Japanese gamers won't give a crap. Final Fantasy has tipped the scales in the console wars once before so I don't think it's fair to rule Sony out yet.

That said I wish there was just one console so we wouldn't have to go and buy 3 machines just for the exclusive content. The graphics and controls (with the exception of the Wii) are very similar anyway even if the underlying hardware is different. Doesn't make much sense to me.

lightman
05-13-06, 08:55 AM
That said I wish there was just one console so we wouldn't have to go and buy 3 machines just for the exclusive content. [... cut ...] Doesn't make much sense to me.

It makes perfect sense. It's called competition. Should we have only a console, it would probabily cost upward of $1000 and it would have no blu-ray or any other special functionality, only because its competition would be consituted only by high end gaming PCs...