PDA

View Full Version : Official XMen Game

six_storm
05-12-06, 12:58 PM
Well, one of the benefits of working at Blockbuster is that you get the new stuff a little early. I just so happened to grab the new X-Men game for the 360 and figured I'd let you guys in on a great game.

First off, I didn't really like X-Men Legends. I dunno why really but it didn't "tickle my fancy" lol :D. This new X-Men game is supposed to show the events leading up to the new X3 movie.

In the game, there are 3 main characters to play as: Wolverine, IceMan and NightCrawler. Just by starting off, you get to have a little taste of what it's like to play as all three. Wolverine runs around with his claws, IceMan surfs on a sheet of ice and shooting "hailstorms" at the enemies, and finally, NightCrawler can teleports all over the place. I've had the most fun playing as NightCrawler than any of the other characters! You can teleport behind enemies and just wail on em. Once a level is complete, you can mutate different genes in the mutants, such as health, teleport, hailstorm, etc. This upgrades your abilities obviously.

I've only played the first few levels but it looks to be a very promising game. I recommend renting the game at least, unless you are irresponsible like 85% of our customers who can't bring a simple movie back on time. :D

Am_I_Evil
05-13-06, 04:59 AM
i always thought it was really retarded of them to put Nightcrawler in this game considering he's not in X3....personally i love NC but why put him in a game for a movie he's not in?

six_storm
05-13-06, 10:46 AM
i always thought it was really retarded of them to put Nightcrawler in this game considering he's not in X3....personally i love NC but why put him in a game for a movie he's not in?

Read what I wrote . . . "This new X-Men game is supposed to show the events leading up to the new X3 movie." :D

Capt. Picard
05-13-06, 11:27 AM
Read what I wrote . . . "This new X-Men game is supposed to show the events leading up to the new X3 movie." :D

So what you're saying is that Night Crawler is going to part with this world, in the story of the game, never to grace this fantasy world of ours with his solemn prayers and noble attitude again.

Am_I_Evil
05-13-06, 05:19 PM

so unless he leaves/dies in the game i still stand by my comments....

six_storm
05-14-06, 01:26 AM
Well, whatever. Guy at EBGames told me that he is supposed to die in the game, therefore he is not in the 3rd movie. I had to take it back today so I didn't get to play it much. I hope to snatch it away in a few weeks!

Am_I_Evil
05-14-06, 04:03 AM
Well, whatever. Guy at EBGames told me that he is supposed to die in the game, therefore he is not in the 3rd movie. I had to take it back today so I didn't get to play it much. I hope to snatch it away in a few weeks!

wow...that's even worse...how in the **** can they have nightcrawler die?

lame...

they could have at least just came up with something about him going back to Germany to do something...but killing him? lame...

Capt. Picard
05-14-06, 04:32 AM
wow...that's even worse...how in the **** can they have nightcrawler die?

lame...

they could have at least just came up with something about him going back to Germany to do something...but killing him? lame...

I think it was worse to have allowed Jean Grey to die in the 2 movie. I haven't followed the comics that closely, but I speculate that NC might return as Arch-Angel in the new movie. Or their might be a connection between Night Crawler and Arch-Angel.

Am_I_Evil
05-14-06, 06:07 PM
I think it was worse to have allowed Jean Grey to die in the 2 movie. I haven't followed the comics that closely, but I speculate that NC might return as Arch-Angel in the new movie. Or their might be a connection between Night Crawler and Arch-Angel.

1. Arch-Angel isn't in the movie....Angel is...
2. Angel & NC are only linked by both being X-Men....NC is blue because of his mutation (Mystique is his mother)...Arch-Angel is blue because of Apocalypse...
3. yeah it sucks that Jean died...and they'll probably do the Phoenix story all wrong...but at least its a real story line they're basing it on...
4. killing Jean somewhat makes sense in the scheme of things...but killing NC and not including him in the 3rd movie and then bringing in all these stupid side characters that no one gives a **** about is retarded...
5. i'm playing the game now...i guess i'll see what happens when i get to the end...