PDA

View Full Version : 360 Died

Slyder
05-12-06, 04:39 PM
I bought Burnout Revenge the other day and when I got home - downloaded the updated my 360 died after only 4 months...

Time of Death :- 8.49pm 10.05.06...

The store is picking it up and replacing it free of charge.. I might be able to try Burnout sometime this year... :D

|JuiceZ|
05-12-06, 05:20 PM
What was the autopsy report?

toxikneedle
05-12-06, 05:38 PM
Did you get any freezes or hickups in the months before it died?

Mr. Hunt
05-12-06, 05:56 PM
360 dead? SURELY YOU JEST! It is only like .00001% chance to get a system with ANY defects!

Acid Rain
05-12-06, 06:58 PM
For the record, both of mine died about a week ago. One won't power up at all and the other is stuck on the ol' 3 red lights. Each was on it's own $150 line conditioner and my power is pretty stable anyway, and each was about 4 feet up off the floor in the open air. Also of note, both are the loud Hitachi drive machines.

Yeah, there's definitely a problem.

OWA
05-12-06, 07:06 PM
How old were yours?

SH64
05-12-06, 07:14 PM
It died after getting "burnout" ? hmmm ... ;)

msxyz
05-13-06, 04:57 AM
Welcome to the club. :D A good thing that replacements are coming pretty fast.

My second machine (a newer model, with the quite drive and supposely better coling) never had a problem since february when I received it. Now, I'm also a produ owner of a Nyko Intercooler and I'm happy to report that the unit remain cold at touch and the exhaust hair is barely warm.

Acid Rain
05-13-06, 05:45 PM
How old were yours?Manufacturing date 01/21/06 on both. I've had them and moderately used them since 02/03/06.

Died just outside of warantee.

msxyz
05-14-06, 02:51 AM
Manufacturing date 01/21/06 on both. I've had them and moderately used them since 02/03/06.

Try calling Microsoft. I've read on other forums (rumors or truth, trying doesn't hurt) that people had their machines changed for free even outside the 90 warranty period.

If you' were to live in Europe the warranty period extends for two years. That's one of the reasons why electronics are sold at a higher price around here.

PeterJensen
05-14-06, 04:32 AM
It must suck to live in the states with that crappy warrenty. Here in Denmark you have 2 years on everything.

OWA
05-14-06, 06:15 AM
Manufacturing date 01/21/06 on both. I've had them and moderately used them since 02/03/06.

Thanks for the info. I'm debating leaving mine on for a while each day since I don't use it all that much. Dying just outside the warranty is what I'm afraid of. So, if it's going to die, I'd rather it happen sooner rather than later.

Slyder
05-14-06, 11:27 AM
What was the autopsy report?

I dont think I will find out... damm thing is here untill tommorow. My prognosis... a bad case of the dust monster... ;)

Did you get any freezes or hickups in the months before it died?

Just the odd crash here and there.... nothing a reboot wouldnt normally fix. (god that sounded like it was the norm on these 360's. :o )

My manufacture date was 2005-10-02 so Im hoping I will get one with a Samsung drive instead of this Hitachi loud rubbish. :D

Slyder
05-16-06, 12:43 AM
<<< is happy now.

New 360 came last night and has the new Samsung drive and quieter fan system. Having it large on Burnout Revenge as we speak. :D

Rakeesh
05-16-06, 01:05 AM
It must suck to live in the states with that crappy warrenty. Here in Denmark you have 2 years on everything.

You can pay extra for longer warranties if you want, most stores here in the US offer that. If you do, you still probably end up paying less than what they charge for the hardware in europe.

Some states force longer warranties by default, and in those states you are a bit lucky because you still pay the lowest price for the item.

PeterJensen
05-16-06, 02:12 AM
<<< is happy now.

New 360 came last night and has the new Samsung drive and quieter fan system. Having it large on Burnout Revenge as we speak. :D

Nice :) They are damn fast to replace.

msxyz
05-16-06, 02:24 AM
Nice :) They are damn fast to replace.
True, one week for me. Phoned on Sunday (something incredible here in Italy to find someone working on Sundays :lol: ) the courier arrived wednesday to retrieve my broken Xbox and by the next monday I had a brand new machine mailed directly from Germany (where the main M$ warehouse is)