PDA

View Full Version : UT 2k3 2186 Patch - Problems ...

Euphoria
02-01-03, 01:21 PM
Ok I installed the new 2186 patch and now everytime when I try to start the game my PC reboots.
I tryed using the D3D engine, and the OpenGL engine, and in both cases the game would not run.

WTF... :mad: :rw: :fu: :banghead:

Does anyone have simular problems?

My sys. is :

Athlon 2100XP
GeForce 4 ti 4600
512MB Corsair PC2700
Win Xp Pro SP1

Thx

The Baron
02-01-03, 01:32 PM
I'll install it soon, see if I have a problem.

Euphoria
02-01-03, 05:46 PM
Well I just installed the 42.86 det drivers and everything works perfect.
I think it was the 42.30 whql drivers that didnt work with the UT2k3.

SavagePaladin
02-02-03, 06:28 AM
Umm....yeah...hehe

I won't use betas for this round. When the hell are the officials coming? :p
(my guess, of course, is mid feb)

saturnotaku
02-02-03, 11:09 AM
This patch is causing my system to completely hardlock after playing for a while. I thought it might be due to overclocking my vid card, but the 2166 patch doesn't exhibit this problem.

Euphoria
02-02-03, 01:30 PM
Well I have no problems any more.
Try reinstaling drivers, or setting them back to default if you have some tweaks applyed.
They were supose to have some fixes in this patch for the ATI cards and for the 3D engine so if you have some tweaks applyed to the video card settings than you should reset them to default hardware settings.

It might fix your problem.

saturnotaku
02-02-03, 04:29 PM
I've determined that this is a heat problem because CodeCreatures would cause my card to get into spasms and die. Returning the card to its default of 270/270 magically fixes everything.

AngelGraves13
02-03-03, 12:13 AM
overclocking is something Intel likes to do....does it help?? kinda. should you overclock? nah, why risk it?? If it's not broken then don't try and fix it!!

LordMorgul
02-06-03, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
overclocking is something Intel likes to do....

ehehehhehheh.... HAA BWAHA..
yeah, I'm done. How many gullible people from everywhere using every conceivable piece of hardware have been burning up everything since windows 3.1?

Yes.. "Something Intel likes to do.."
Shove your propaganda and stop eating others... :afro:

You do have solid advice there tho.. why overclock something if its gonna come to the point of instability?

SnakeEyes
02-06-03, 12:22 PM
I don't think any of the companies like us to overclock, when we could be paying more money for what is essentially the same hardware but with the processor / bios info defaulting to the higher speeds..

But overclocking doesn't necessarily cause instability either. If done in a methodical manner, and not making major increases between changes, a maximum stable clock rate can be determined without burning up the hardware in question.

As far as whether it's foolish or not (like some people seem to think it IS). Why? Simple fact- when the die process for a given chip gets reliable enough, most cores will run at xxxMHz reliably. Combine that with the fact that only a set number of those same chips will be set for that same xxxMHz and released onto the market (because of limited demand for the highest speed grade). Then figure out what the manufacturer does with the rest of the chips that could and would run fine at the same xxxMhz. VERY simple. This is why so many processors overclock so well as a given process matures- Intel/AMD/whoever wants to make money, and after speed-binning enough parts at the higher rates, excess parts get binned for lower rates. Whether those parts WILL run at the higher speed to is never tested, as all said company wants is to meet demand for each speed rating. The real benefactor in this situation is all of us consumers, who have a higher likelihood of getting an Athlon XP 2400+ that is the same (other than the default values it supplies the bios for multiplier and fsb) as the 2800+ processor our neighbor just paid double for. ;)

(granted, it's hit and miss, as obviously there will still be some parts that won't run at the higher rating in with the others, but that's a part of the risk of trying to get a steal on the lower-priced part, isn't it?:D)