PDA

View Full Version : Need new handheld

Lazaredz
05-13-06, 07:38 AM
Okay, so I have ruled out the PSX as it just doesn't seem to have any game and I have no interest in watching movies on it.

I am thinking either a GBA or DSL. But I'm not sure what to get. I want to play some old school games like Super Mario and Zelda and such but I'm not sure if they are available on which system.

Help a man out

Thx

GamerGuyX
05-13-06, 01:04 PM
Okay, so I have ruled out the PSX as it just doesn't seem to have any game and I have no interest in watching movies on it.

I am thinking either a GBA or DSL. But I'm not sure what to get. I want to play some old school games like Super Mario and Zelda and such but I'm not sure if they are available on which system.

Help a man out

Thx

PSX or DSL... :lol:

a12ctic
05-13-06, 01:10 PM
gpx2

TierMann
05-13-06, 01:37 PM
Laptop or GB

Lazaredz
05-13-06, 04:24 PM
Okay okay .. I asked for that.

Sorry, I was tired as all get out when I got home and wrote that (12 hour night shift).

What I MEANT to say was:

I don't think the PSP is a good option for me. I have not heard of good long term usage from users.

I am trying to decide between a Game Boy Advance and a DS Lite. Can I get OLD school games like Super Mario Bros and such for the DS Lite?

Better????

Yuet
05-14-06, 05:52 AM
Well, you can play GBA games on DS Lite....

Zelda_fan
05-14-06, 09:33 AM
you can play game boy advanced games on a DS Lite, so you will have old school titles like Super Mario World, Zelda, etc.

Plus, with the DS Lite you'll get great titles like New Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Mario & Luigi, Advanced Wars DS, Castlevania DS, etc.

Edge
05-15-06, 12:31 AM
I got a DS recently, and it's a pretty nice machine. I'm liking some of the games for it, and the touch screen/microphone/dual screen stuff is used pretty well in a few games. It's the best console for "classic-style" games like Mario, Mario Kart, Tetris, etc.

I'd have to say the PSP is a bit better in several regards though. The graphics and sound are far cleaner, the games are more "modern" from a gameplay perspective, and the multimedia capabilities are very nice. I'm kinda jealous of games like Maverick Hunter X and Monster Hunter Portable; I'm really liking the games on DS, but those probably stick out as being more of my kind of games than what I've played on DS so far (although playing Tetris with friends is quite fun). But of course, the PSP has a higher pricetag and doesn't have features like the touch screen, so all that technology comes with a price.

But anyway, between the GBA and DS, I'd HIGHLY recommend the DS. GBA is going to be more or less dead by the end of the year (http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/708/708063p1.html), and the only advantage it has over the DS is backwards compatibility with GB and GB color games, and the price. Aside from that, everything you can do on a GBA you can do on a DS but better, and the DS looks like it has a pretty long life ahead of it. Between the new games announced for it, the price, and features, it really is a nice handheld.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-15-06, 12:51 AM
Neo Geo Pocket Color

Keep it ReaL with SNK :)