PDA

View Full Version : Game Profiles?

Mike89
05-13-06, 03:35 PM
This is probably a stupid question. Just got a 7900GTX 512. Yeah baby! I had an ATI card. I was used to ATT Tray tools which was pretty good at making game profiles, FSAA, Aniso, Refresh Rate, stuff like that. Is there anything comparable to that for Nvidia? I didn't see anything in the drivers control panel for that.

john19055
05-14-06, 01:47 AM
they have NVTray (NVIDIA Tray Tools) on this site but I don'nt know if it has been updated for the newer cards.

mark501
05-14-06, 04:54 AM
I use Nhancer for profiles.

http://www.nhancer.com/

OWA
05-14-06, 05:30 AM
This is probably a stupid question. Just got a 7900GTX 512. Yeah baby! I had an ATI card. I was used to ATT Tray tools which was pretty good at making game profiles, FSAA, Aniso, Refresh Rate, stuff like that. Is there anything comparable to that for Nvidia? I didn't see anything in the drivers control panel for that.
Nvidia provides game profiles with their drivers so I'm not sure why you couldn't find them. nHancer is an alternative to the built-in profile system though.

To access the built-in profiles, just go to the nvidia control panel. They're under the performance and quality settings. See attachment. So, all you do is set things up like you want it and when you run the game, the settings will get applied automatically.

Edit: If you need help with them, try the user's guide. Go the section that says configuring key forceware graphics drivers features and then choose the adjusting performance and quality settings: http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84.21/84.21_Forceware_Display_Properties_Users_Guide.pdf

Mike89
05-14-06, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I found the profiles part in the drivers. The only thing I don't see there (like ATT Tray tools had) was to be able to individually set refresh rates for each profile. I have to get used to using it now, it's quite different than what I was used to. I with the guy that did the ATT Tray tools would make one for Nvidia drivers. That was the best and easiest program (for what it does) that I have ever used. Didn't even need the ATI control panel (which I hated being required to use Net Framework).

So far I absolutely love this card. Glad I switched. It does everything I've asked it to do with a smile. Haven't tried overclocking it yet to see what kind of head room it has (if any). With the power of this thing, I haven't felt the need to do so but we are always curious, aren't we?