PDA

View Full Version : 2405FPW users

grey_1
05-13-06, 03:53 PM
I've had mine for about a week and have never been able to get the quality I've read that others claim to enjoy. Last night I noticed a thin bright line that runs the height of the left side of the screen, and colors in everything seem corrupted or faded. With the puter off and turning on the monitor I get a very bright (brightness is fully down) splash then dark, but the light is very splotchy, uneven.
I just got off the phone with tech support and he's telling me it's probably my graphics card causing it. WHAT?? Anyway, when those of you who are happy with them have anything at all dark onscreen, game, whatever, are your blacks black, etc. Or is washed out the best I can hope for?
I'm just wondering if I ought to give up on a search for an lcd monitor, or if it sounds like I just got a bad one. Thanks for any replies folks!

Wavern
05-14-06, 10:23 AM
I've had mine for about a week and have never been able to get the quality I've read that others claim to enjoy. Last night I noticed a thin bright line that runs the height of the left side of the screen, and colors in everything seem corrupted or faded. With the puter off and turning on the monitor I get a very bright (brightness is fully down) splash then dark, but the light is very splotchy, uneven.
I just got off the phone with tech support and he's telling me it's probably my graphics card causing it. WHAT?? Anyway, when those of you who are happy with them have anything at all dark onscreen, game, whatever, are your blacks black, etc. Or is washed out the best I can hope for?
I'm just wondering if I ought to give up on a search for an lcd monitor, or if it sounds like I just got a bad one. Thanks for any replies folks!

If you bought it from dell, you have 21 days to have it replaced no questions asked. Don't ask them to troubleshoot it.. obvoiusly that guy had no clue if he thought a computer that's turned off would cause backlight bleedthrough.

Call them up and say you are unsatisfied with your monitor and they need to ship you a new one. You'll get a new one via FedEx that you can try.... if it works.. put your old one in that box and if I remember correctly they'll pay the return shipping as well.

ENU291
05-14-06, 11:30 AM
Wavern is correct. Just ask to have it replaced. Dell will send you a new one and pay to have the defective one picked up from your house and returned to Dell. That is one of the perks you get when shopping with Dell.

grey_1
05-14-06, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the replies folks, I'm going to be calling them tomorrow. I've been playing with and tweaking this thing til I'm blue in the face and I can't get rid of that washed out look. Thanks again.

FuSi0N
05-16-06, 02:50 PM

I've been having similar issues with my 2405fpw. Now this only happens whenever I play World of Warcraft by the way, and it occures intermittently sometimes going away after a few hours of use. I get this bleeding line of colors along the right side of the monitor (vertically) and a line of spaced white dots along the bottom of the monitor (horizontally). This bleeding effect seems to go away when I alt-tab to the desktop which is strange. I've also tested various other games whenever this happens and everything is normal with no bleeding whatsoever.