PDA

View Full Version : 7900gt SLI Major Issue

revengaman
05-15-06, 05:59 AM
I've been reading alot about overclocking, i thought i understood the dangers, the precautions to take etc, so i decided to give it a go. I set my stock settings 500/1500 to 535/1650 . It worked fine, i didn't get any artifacts with the ati tool, i got really good 3dmark 06 scores (around 7223) but i just wasn't happy with the temperature. Around max load it'd be over 75, and at idle it was 50. So until I had a better cooling solution i set it back down to the original stock settings.

I wanted to see the gaming decrease so I turned on Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. Everything seemed okay, the GPU Load balancing was showing. But once i loaded a level. I watched that GPU Load balancing line slow lower from the middle of the screen to the bottom, and then the top half of the screen went corrupt, with wierd garbled lines. Needless to say i'm freaking out. I turned off sli mode to see if that was it, nope now just the whole screen is corrupt. So I enabled SLI and GPU load balancing again, turned on the game to see exactly when it was happening. It still craps out around the loading screen, but now the GPU load balancing line doesn't even show up.

So yeah, pardon if this kind of hard to understand, but after just plopping down alot of money, i hope to god i didn't screw them up.

In other words though, what should I do?

thanks in advance,
revengaman

john19055
05-15-06, 10:46 AM
I think if they had volted them to at least 1.3v and put a better cooler on them like the 7800GT had we would'nt be seeing all the problems.