PDA

View Full Version : x1900xtx graphics error ... help?

AstroCat
05-16-06, 02:18 PM
Hi, with a x1900xtx and the 6.3+chuck I get these flashes on characters and some light sources. The flashes in the video are on a bowman shooting at me.

I've tried this on 2 systems and get it on both.

I get this flashing in the game:

Error Video (http://www.astrocat.net/images/temp/aaerror1.rar)

I tried a totally vanilla game, no mods or changed .ini. Tried on 2 different systems both with x1900xtx cards, and I still get the flashing on both systems. Also, no OC'ing of the card. Everything is vanilla.

Here is a save game. Could you try loading it and see if you get it as well?

Maybe there is something wrong in the save game?

As soon as it loads the guy shooting you will have the "flashes" on him.

Error Saved Game (http://www.astrocat.net/images/temp/saveerror3.rar)

Thanks a ton for the help!

AstroCat
05-16-06, 05:54 PM
I test this on 2 different computers with the same exact results.

Ok, did a driver purge using stock game:

1. install 6.3 = no error

2. install chuck = no error

3. enable AA = error happens in the save game I posted above.

Why is this? I can't figure this out.

This was a super clean test method and sure enough, I get the flashing as soon as I enable AA.

OWA
05-16-06, 09:31 PM
I get shadow flashing with the chuck-patch so I've just moved on the to 6.4s. I tried for a while but couldn't resolve it. Hmm, don't think I tried disabling AA to see if that helped though. That would have been a good thing to try. Oh well.

SH64
05-17-06, 02:31 AM
I only get shadow flashing on grass.

6.3 + chuck patch here.

AstroCat
05-17-06, 08:39 AM
I only get shadow flashing on grass.

6.3 + chuck patch here.

Did you try the save game I posted?

Thanks for the help. :)

OWA
05-17-06, 04:51 PM
Probably not all that helpful to you but it works fine with the 6.4s. Of course, I can't use AA with them so maybe the AA really is the culprit.

The video showed round spots of white, blue-ish green appearing around the guy's axe. Is that the error you're talking about?

OWA
05-17-06, 05:48 PM
Okay, I went ahead and installed the 6.3s + chuck patch. I get the same thing as the video except in the video, most of the flashing spots were pretty small. Some of the flashing spots I get at the save point are larger than the guy shooting the arrow.

Edit: Disabling AA fixes it for me also.

AstroCat
05-17-06, 10:40 PM
Okay, I went ahead and installed the 6.3s + chuck patch. I get the same thing as the video except in the video, most of the flashing spots were pretty small. Some of the flashing spots I get at the save point are larger than the guy shooting the arrow.

Edit: Disabling AA fixes it for me also.

Thank you for confirming the problem with AA for me. That's now 3 systems tested and all have the same error. Ok, it's not me, or my 2 cards... it's the drivers. Oh well.

Thanks for the help, totally appreciated. :)

OWA
05-18-06, 08:32 PM
No problem.