PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Best Co-Op Games?

Pages : [1] 2

Tr1cK
05-16-06, 02:32 PM
I've always been a big fan of co-op play in any game, so I'm looking for great games that you can play with a few networked PCs. List your favorites new and old.

Some that come to my mind that I have owned are:

Diablo 1 (I don't think it networks on NT+)
Baldur's Gate 1 (not sure about NT compatibility)
Serious Sam

jAkUp
05-16-06, 02:33 PM
I like Swat4 and GRAW.

zampe
05-16-06, 02:36 PM
Guild Wars -no doubt

Tr1cK
05-16-06, 02:43 PM
Guild Wars -no doubt

Isn't that online only?

evilghost
05-16-06, 02:49 PM
Freespace 2, Co-OP campaign, free (open-source/reskinned)

http://scp.indiegames.us/news.php

Tygerwoody
05-16-06, 03:13 PM
I like Swat4 and GRAW.
listen to this guy.

Actually I like Swat 4 a little bit better. Especially with the expansion ;)

jolle
05-16-06, 03:14 PM
Alien Swarm (http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/) mod for UT2k4 is REALLY cool..
We played it, 8 players I think, on a LAN..
Its alot like the old Alien Breed, topdown view (http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/screenshots), aliens coming at you from all around.. the squad can only have like 2 of each class, heavy, medic, tech etc..
Alot of "Alien" in there too, the same "radar ping", similar aliens and facehuggers, bit similar weapons.

Ill say this right now tho, DONT BRING A FLAMETHROWER hehe.. tends to get the entire squad toasted once a alien gets passed the guy using it and he swings around..
The Heavy class minigun is somewhat autoaiming (on "depth", or distance), while the regular assault rifle you need the cross hair right ontop of the target to hit, infront of behind will miss, unlike the minigun.
You really need to work together, decide on formations and stick to them, and stick to your positions, cause its pretty hard.
We ended up replaying alot of the missions a few times cause we got split up in the frantic action and torn apart, but when we held together, kept a heavy gunner on the front and rear, the medic in the middle, appointed a leader to take definite calls (if you end up in a "infite spawn" area, and starts debating where to go, you´re toast), we got through them without anyone dying, most of the time..
and since you get points if you´ve gotten enough points during the map, you get to "level up" and assign a point to one of the skills, but if your marine dies he has to be revived for the next mission and is reset to 0 again.

I think there is a similar game on Steam now aswell, Shadowgrounds (http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/new/).. and Alien Swarm Infected (Source version) on its way to Steam..
I cant wait for ASI to show up.

|MaguS|
05-16-06, 03:17 PM
Swat 4 and System Shock 2... all others are crap compared to them!

jolle
05-16-06, 03:25 PM
Swat 4 and System Shock 2... all others are crap compared to them!
SS2 isnt nearly as good in coop as in SP.
You loose alot of the horror feeling IMO, still, its always fun to play coop, the original playermodels are horrible tho hehe.

Lazaredz
05-16-06, 03:35 PM
Doom

DUH!!!!!!

;)

Monolyth
05-16-06, 03:49 PM
GRAW
NWN (Awesome Online MP COOP, can't wait for NWN2)
SWAT4
Hidden & Dangerous 1(When it didn't crash.)

LT.Schaffer
05-16-06, 03:54 PM
Operation Flashpoint:Cold War Crisis+Expansion
Joint Operations+Expansion
Serious Sam First&Second+Serious Sam 2
Rainbow Six:Ravenshield+Free Iron Wrath Expansion
Star Wars:Battlefront 1
Delta Force Series
Half Life 1+Sven Coop 3.0
Swat 4
Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory[Good 2 Player only Coop]

Athena
05-16-06, 04:16 PM
Ghost Recon
The Last Splinter Cell
the last James Bond on Xbox w/ Pierce Brosnan had great co-op
Any of the Unreal games.
There are more I can not remember, its last in the day and my blood suger lvl is to far down :(

CaptNKILL
05-16-06, 05:25 PM
Sven Coop is awesome :)

Other than that, I dont even remember playing anything coop... its been so long :(

Battlefield 1942 has decent coop, though its just conquest with bots. Its fun to make them really stupid and really easy to kill, then go around with some buddies and have the teams 4 vs 60 (you vs bots) and try to hold them back on small maps with an extremely high ticket count. Thats some of the most hilarious and fun LAN gaming I have ever had. 4 guys tossing grenades into a spawn filled with 60 dumb bots = the epitome of fun :lol:

Sidric
05-16-06, 05:48 PM
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Serious Sam

Chaos Theory is the absolute bomb-diggity when you get it working. Plus it has cool little features. For example when you're talking to your teammate via voice chat: if you're too loud, and there's an enemy near, they will actually hear you and be alerted to your presence. Good times.

CaptNKILL
05-16-06, 07:04 PM
I dont think most of those games have CO-OP play... do they?

CaptNKILL
05-16-06, 07:13 PM
Oh, I forgot about Freelancer. I always wanted to play Co-Op in that but I never got around to it. The single player was fun but it got boring pretty fast. Having other people out there in space actually making something interesting happen probably made the game 100x better.

ynnek
05-17-06, 10:31 AM
Doom 3 Last Man Standing was fun to quickly run through once... well at least the progressive? (i think thats what its called) levels were..

blurp
05-17-06, 12:17 PM
I still play and enjoy Rainbow Six Ravenshield + Athena Sword.

wnd
05-17-06, 04:36 PM
Alien Swarm (http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/) mod for UT2k4 is REALLY cool..

Listen to the man!

Ill say this right now tho, DONT BRING A FLAMETHROWER hehe.. tends to get the entire squad toasted once a alien gets passed the guy using it and he swings around..

Flamethrower is extremely powerful weapon again fow and friend. It not only deals great deal of total damage but it also slows you down only a tiny little bit. Not to mention one "clip" of flamethrower fuel can easily eliminate hundred aliens. In co-op game flamethrower should only be used by someone who know how to use it. It is very effective to keep your back safe, but also for assault. If you're going for solo, flamethrower is your best friend.

I prefer playing tech with assault rifle, flamethrower, and stims. I also enjoy playing medic with (akimbo) pistol and two medikits. That pistol is very accurate and powerful.

jolle
05-17-06, 05:16 PM
Playing 8 man and getting totally swarmed, then have your leader scream "STIM!!" and go into the slowmo stim mode is just out of this world hehe..
Entire squad just lines up and moves forward like a wall of death slaughtering waves of aliens in slow motion to that pumping music.. man, it rocks..

VISTREL
05-17-06, 06:46 PM
Operation Flashpoint and SWAT4!

Monnie Rock
05-17-06, 06:49 PM
Flight Sims:

Pacific Fighters (http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php)

Lock On (http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?lang=en)

Great Co-op in both

supra
05-17-06, 07:16 PM
I would have to say SWAT4 and GRAW

and definately HL1 SVEN CoOp Mod !!!!

ynnek
05-17-06, 08:08 PM
doh, can't find a copy of freespace 2 anymroe :(