PDA

View Full Version : New Super Mario is sweet

Zelda_fan
05-16-06, 07:44 PM
This game is just great. It's one of those game where during certain points you just have to smile and say to yourself "i love this game." It's classic mario gameplay that's proven fun time and time again, except there are a lot of new gameplay twists and tons of new levels.

If you have a DS there is no reason for you not to get one. One of the best mario games ever. On par with Super Mario World and Mario Bros 3.

Banko
05-16-06, 09:37 PM
I hope it is good, does anyone know how Nintendo managed to make a pile of **** though as Super Mario 2? That game sucked!

LiquidX
05-16-06, 09:39 PM
I'am hearing great things about it. Sold my old DS and now just waiting for the DS Light to hit stores before picking it up.

Also the website went live today.http://mario.nintendo.com/

oldsk00l
05-16-06, 09:39 PM
Mario looks and sounds ghey.

Ninjaman09
05-17-06, 08:32 AM
This game is just great. It's one of those game where during certain points you just have to smile and say to yourself "i love this game." It's classic mario gameplay that's proven fun time and time again, except there are a lot of new gameplay twists and tons of new levels.

If you have a DS there is no reason for you not to get one. One of the best mario games ever. On par with Super Mario World and Mario Bros 3.
I agree, I played it for a couple hours last night and I absolutely love this game. While I think the actual name of the game is kind of dumb (won't be so "new" in a few years) this is definitely the best Mario game to come out since Super Mario 64, and is easily on par with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. I love how they incorporated bits of the entire series (flag pole level endings, overworld w/ unlockable paths, butt-stomp, triple-jump, etc) while adding many new elements. It's the perfect thing to keep me occupied while my WoW raid is buffing up or recovering from a wipe. I wish I could bring it to work. :D
I hope it is good, does anyone know how Nintendo managed to make a pile of **** though as Super Mario 2? That game sucked!
Yeah, strangely enough the real Super Mario Bros. 2 was never released in the United States in its original form; instead it was released on the Super Nintendo compilation Super Mario All-Stars as "The Lost Levels". The Super Mario Bros. 2 we got was actually a remake of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic, albeit with Mario characters instead of the Arabian-themed ones. Nintendo created most of the characters for the game and ended up incorporating many of them into the official Mario canon. More info here: http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb2_ddp.shtml

ynnek
05-17-06, 10:38 AM
Woah... I had no idea that the US ver of Super Mario Bro's 2 was a remake.. That personally was my fav Super Mario..

Ninjaman09
05-17-06, 11:04 AM
I liked it. :D